Movie Organisor plugin - organise your series recordings into folders

I'm not sure what you mean about changing the names & description? this plugin doesn't change the name or description. I knpow for a fact it works on open ATV and I believe there are users using it on openVIX
Select timer setting, set recording to “repeat”, you will see this sentence appear,”Change Names & Description when event changes”. By default it is set to “yes”, many images have this but doesn’t work. Now if it works, at Pc, all the daily recorded series will be named with the correct name of that series and the whole series could be deleted or move to a folder easily. If not named correctly, you will need to open each series to confirm which episode and serie’s name. It will be very troublesome.

As for OpenAtv, I had tested it a couple of weeks ago and it could not “Change Names & Description when event changes”. If I didn’t remember wrongly, it uses EMC (enhanced movie center) and in this plugin you are able to see the correct serie’s name (in Stb) but when view at Pc, the names are all incorrect.

OpenVix had this feature working good.

So, to finalize this, the serie’s name (or name of the file) to be used should be an extract from .eit or .meta, because the information inside this file is correct.

It works fine on ViX and ATV.
I also use it on ItalySat and I'm pretty sure it worked okay on OpenESI and OpenDroid.

Select timer setting, set recording to “repeat”, you will see this sentence appear,”Change Names & Description when event changes”. By default it is set to “yes”, many images have this but doesn’t work. Now if it works, at Pc, all the daily recorded series will be named with the correct name of that series and the whole series could be deleted or move to a folder easily. If not named correctly, you will need to open each series to confirm which episode and serie’s name. It will be very troublesome.

As for OpenAtv, I had tested it a couple of weeks ago and it could not “Change Names & Description when event changes”. If I didn’t remember wrongly, it uses EMC (enhanced movie center) and in this plugin you are able to see the correct serie’s name (in Stb) but when view at Pc, the names are all incorrect.

OpenVix had this feature working good.

So, to finalize this, the serie’s name (or name of the file) to be used should be an extract from .eit or .meta, because the information inside this file is correct.
Excuse me but I'm getting old, where do you see ”Change Names & Description when event changes” as I don't recall ever seeing it.

If you look at Recording settings (Menu -> Setup -> Recordings & Timeshift -> Recording Settings you will see the option 'Composition of the recording filenames' . As long as this is set to standard, so the filename is formatted 'Date Time - Channel - Title' then the plugin works. If you have the setting to one of the other options then you may have problems.

It works fine on ViX and ATV.
I also use it on ItalySat and I'm pretty sure it worked okay on OpenESI and OpenDroid.
Hi Willo3092, I think you has misunderstand it, I am not talking about Movie Organisor but is saying a feature in timer recording doesn’t work in many images.

Excuse me but I'm getting old, where do you see ”Change Names & Description when event changes” as I don't recall ever seeing it.

If you look at Recording settings (Menu -> Setup -> Recordings & Timeshift -> Recording Settings you will see the option 'Composition of the recording filenames' . As long as this is set to standard, so the filename is formatted 'Date Time - Channel - Title' then the plugin works. If you have the setting to one of the other options then you may have problems.
It is at Menu>Timer>Timer, select it. Change to repeat timer, only then this sentence will appear (pop out), “Rename name & description when event changes”.

“Composition of the recording filenames” by default is set to “standard” which I never change it. I am doing standard daily timer recording, it means when a timer had been set to that time / date, the filename it uses will remain forever, it will not change even if the series you are recording has completed and a new series begin. It will only change in 2 scenarios,

1. Setup another new timer for the new series

2. The feature in timer I was talking about in para 1

Why are you posting about something which isn't related to the Movie Organiser plugin in the Movie Organiser thread?

If you think there is an issue with the way images work you will need to contact those who make the images. OpenATV, openVix, openPLI. Not post in a thread which is for Grogs plugin.

Movie Organiser is a plugin which sorts your recordings into folders like a Sly box does. It has nothing to do with timers or how you set them.

Why are you posting about something which isn't related to the Movie Organiser plugin in the Movie Organiser thread?

If you think there is an issue with the way images work you will need to contact those who make the images. OpenATV, openVix, openPLI. Not post in a thread which is for Grogs plugin.

Movie Organiser is a plugin which sorts your recordings into folders like a Sly box does. It has nothing to do with timers or how you set them.

Hi Wooshman & Everyone, please cool down. I am not picking on anything or this plugin but I am asking for help from Grog68 if he could change the name by capturing it from .eit or .meta files, that’s all. Please see my 1st & 2nd post of this tread.

If he could, it will be awesome. And I could use this plugin on those images that couldn’t change the name when the event changes.

Why are you setting a repeat timer up that way? It seems a long way round.

When you set a timer to repeat what file name format does it use I do see that text and it's set to yes, but I don't know what it changes? if it's using the standard format of date time - channel - programname what changes, if it records the same show twice then the date time will change but the program name doesn't. I am just totally confused. Please tell me what exactly it changes

Why are you setting a repeat timer up that way? It seems a long way round.

When you set a timer to repeat what file name format does it use I do see that text and it's set to yes, but I don't know what it changes? if it's using the standard format of date time - channel - programname what changes, if it records the same show twice then the date time will change but the program name doesn't. I am just totally confused. Please tell me what exactly it changes

I set up timer by going to Graphical Epg> highlight the movie series I want> select green button> select the days that this movie series is showing (if it’s a weekdays series it will means it’s going to show on every weekdays at the same timing / if it’s a weekend series it means it’s going to show on every Sat & Sun at the same timing) > “Rename Name & Description when event changes (Rnd)” will automatically appear and by default it’s set to “Yes” > select green button to confirm the timer. In this timer, the name would be the present name of the movie series, it will continue to use this name forever if Rnd is not working in that image. And if the image I use has a working Rnd, then it will change to the new name when a new movie series begin showing.

Yes it is using the standard format which is “date – time – channel – name of movie series.ts”. Every series I am recording normally have episodes comprises of a minimum 20 to maximum 90. Again you are right, only the date / time changes and the series name doesn’t.

I set up timer by going to Graphical Epg> highlight the movie series I want> select green button> select the days that this movie series is showing (if it’s a weekdays series it will means it’s going to show on every weekdays at the same timing / if it’s a weekend series it means it’s going to show on every Sat & Sun at the same timing) > “Rename Name & Description when event changes (Rnd)” will automatically appear and by default it’s set to “Yes” > select green button to confirm the timer. In this timer, the name would be the present name of the movie series, it will continue to use this name forever if Rnd is not working in that image. And if the image I use has a working Rnd, then it will change to the new name when a new movie series begin showing.

Yes it is using the standard format which is “date – time – channel – name of movie series.ts”. Every series I am recording normally have episodes comprises of a minimum 20 to maximum 90. Again you are right, only the date / time changes and the series name doesn’t.
I record shows the same way if they are on more than once a week. If the name of the show is the same then it will be put into a folder based on the name. so that folder will contain x number of recordings of that show, ordered by date or whatever order you have sort set to.

I'm still struggling to understand what you want it to do. Can you give an example of what series you are recording that isn't being put into its own folder by the plugin?

I record shows the same way if they are on more than once a week. If the name of the show is the same then it will be put into a folder based on the name. so that folder will contain x number of recordings of that show, ordered by date or whatever order you have sort set to.

I'm still struggling to understand what you want it to do. Can you give an example of what series you are recording that isn't being put into its own folder by the plugin?

I wish you could program your plugin to grab the name of the show from “.eit” file (correct name of the show) and not from the display name of “.ts” file (incorrect name if the rename feature is not working). Thanks

I am very sorry if you had felt this way and I assure you I never ever had such thought or intention. My only wish is your plugin could use the name inside the “.eit” file. Below is a sample of the content from an “.eit” file. The name to use is highlighted in red. I tried to attach the .eit file here but the system only allow image file, so I had made an image file of it as per attached. Thanks

ú2㦠E ±MengAge Of Dinosaurs (HD) T[1] Nþeng`

Contentid_ref
T0023998391

AudioTrack

engStart_over_flagEpisodeTitle(PG)(Chinese Subtitles)˜Using breakthrough flesh-regeneration technology, a biotech firm creates a set of living dinosaurs. But when the creatures escape their museum exhibit aNˆeng ‚nd terrorize Los Angeles, a former firefighter must rescue his teenage daughter from the chaos brought on by the Age of Dinosaurs.U GBR

Attachments

• eit file.jpg
    eit file.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 5
Ok here is where I stand :

I have looked at a number of recordings and the program name is the same in the eit file as it is in the recording file name.
if I changed the plugin then it would slow it down as it would have to open the eit file and read the contents
The plugin even works with programs downloaded via the IPTV player plugin, this wouldn't work if I switched to your idea as the downloads don't have eit file
The plugin is working for 1000's of users on numerous different bujilds/images and you're the first to say it doesn't work without actually explaining what's not working, ie what is the filename of the program you demonstrated in your last post, so why fix if it's not broken

I will not be changing the way the plugin works for no good reason.

Ok here is where I stand :

I have looked at a number of recordings and the program name is the same in the eit file as it is in the recording file name.
if I changed the plugin then it would slow it down as it would have to open the eit file and read the contents
The plugin even works with programs downloaded via the IPTV player plugin, this wouldn't work if I switched to your idea as the downloads don't have eit file
The plugin is working for 1000's of users on numerous different bujilds/images and you're the first to say it doesn't work without actually explaining what's not working, ie what is the filename of the program you demonstrated in your last post, so why fix if it's not broken

I will not be changing the way the plugin works for no good reason.

ok, thanks

Grog68 hope you can help. Rebuilt my hard drive but on reboot, movie organisor has inserted the following directories called, iptvplayer_icons (twice), Movie player, Cookies, Search History (twice). Any ideas.
Any help would be appreciated.

Grog68 hope you can help. Rebuilt my hard drive but on reboot, movie organisor has inserted the following directories called, iptvplayer_icons (twice), Movie player, Cookies, Search History (twice). Any ideas.
Any help would be appreciated.

Is your hd mounted on /media/hdd ?
do you have a movies folder on the hdd?
is the path in MovieOrganisor settings set to the /media/hdd/movies folder? It sounds like it's pointing at your IPTVCache folder.

Back