Movie Organisor plugin - organise your series recordings into folders

Path to your recordings folder : using the left and right keys on your remote you must select the path where your tv recordings are stored. (I have assumed to certain extent where to get this list from, if your recordings folder isn't included please let me know)

Grog68
is it possible to have an external source setup here? i have my recoding path set up to my vu duo2 internal drive.
would be awsome if poss :-)

is it possible to have an external source setup here? i have my recoding path set up to my vu duo2 internal drive.
would be awsome if poss :-)

Is your recording path not in the path options on the setup screen? As this is my first plugin and I don't know all the settings I used the ancient art of guessology to work out which setting to use for the paths selection and generally it works but I am open to trying to include others, could you

1. Tell me the path to the recordings
2. telnet to your box and type 'cat /etc/enigma2/settings |grep \/' without the quotes and post a screenshot of the list it returns

This should tell me what setting your recording path is set in.

OK version 1.65 is available to download from https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3m3dsyv0...xtensions-movieorganisor_1.65_mipsel.ipk?dl=1

Changes include

Interupted (by reboot) recordings didn't get put into sub folders correctly, they now do.

Shows like Serial Killers and CSI had a different name for each episode, ie 'Serial Killers: Joe Smith' and 'Serial Killers: Fred Blogs' so they where treated as different shows and never put into their own folder, now they do, if there is a colon in the name we take the show name as that to the left of the colon, if I have done it correctly this should not get confused with New: shows.

an 'Update plugin' button has been added to the plugin setup screen (blue button), when pressed it will check to see if there is a new version and if so ask you if you want to install it and reboot your box.

I am still waiting for some responses from earlier questions in the hope to add some more improvements but as usual if you find any bugs or have any suggestions or questions please post them here.

---------- Post Merged at 03:19 PM ----------

[
Thanks folks, had a quick try via USB this morning and got the below error (good chance it's me)
I'll get on it tonight and see if I can get it working.

Really appreciate the help.

Sorry the instructions I gave where based on my setup which is Wooshbuild so I am sorry of the buttons I've mentioned during the installation aren't correct.

The text isn't too clear on your picture (probably my poor eyes) but it looks like it is looking in your /tmp folder for the IPK and it can't find it. I also think you have an older version of the IPK, I would suggest you download the latest ipk posted in the first post of this thread.

I've never used Vix but I assume that when you get to 'Install Local Extension' you can select where to install from, make sure it is looking on your usb stick.

Ftp the ipk to tmp then install via ipk installer you can add the location to check ipk's but you have to change the settings in backup manager it's just easier to ftp to tmp

Hiya. I have the version 1.65 installed on wooshbuild v4. I've always manually created folders for my recordings and movies and I would like to use for its simplicity of use. I can't however change the recording path as it won't let me.

My recording paths are either

/media/hdd/movie/Tv Shows
&
/media/hdd/movie/Movies

Could you help change the recording path within your plugin please.

BTW I only have my android phone for use, as laptop is being temperamental also in not the most used to any telnet program.

Hiya. I have the version 1.65 installed on wooshbuild v4. I've always manually created folders for my recordings and movies and I would like to use for its simplicity of use. I can't however change the recording path as it won't let me.

My recording paths are either

/media/hdd/movie/Tv Shows
&
/media/hdd/movie/Movies

Could you help change the recording path within your plugin please.

BTW I only have my android phone for use, as laptop is being temperamental also in not the most used to any telnet program.

Do your tv recordings automatically get recorded in Tv Shows folder or do you move them into it manually once they have finished recording?

When I tried this it would only use the default movie folder.
After installing the plugin, setup a new recording to your chosen path and the plugin will then offer the new path as a choice.

One more slight update, if your box is rebooted for some reason midway through a recording the file list would show two recordings of the same name and time and you wouldn't know which is the first part recorded before reboot and which is the second part after reboot as shown here where I rebooted midway through recording the news

filelist.jpg

Now with this update the recordings names are altered as shown here :

bbcnewsfilelist.jpg

If you have installed the last version I posted (1.65) then you can just press the blue button in the plugins setup screen to get the latest version 1.70

If this isn't an issue for you then there is no need to update.

2. telnet to your box and type 'cat /etc/enigma2/settings |grep \/' without the quotes and post a screenshot of the list it returns

1: media/autofs/HarddiskVUODUO2/
2: Attached pic
cheers matey

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 71
It appears that the update feature isn't working properly so please DON'T use the blue button to do updates, download from the first post in this thread and follow the installation instructions.

I am working on a fix now.

---------- Post Merged at 12:41 AM ----------

1: media/autofs/HarddiskVUODUO2/
2: Attached pic
cheers matey
Looking at your image, the path you want is stored in the config.movielist.videodirs setting so you should be able to select it in the plugins menu, use left or right arrow to select different path.

---------- Post Merged at 01:03 AM ----------

OK Version 1.75 is linked to on the first post of this thread and needs to be installed with the ipk installer as described in the first post. I will be testing the new blue button update function more tomorrow.

Grog

Hi,

Great add on for the box and fair play for our hard work.

I've a s simple question. Is there a way to see what recordings I have coming up and a way therefore to delete them and alter them etc.

Hi
This works great as I am at present recording Easteanders for the misses.
Only think I found is when she goes into the Eastenders folder and watches a show, it stays in the folder.
Is is possible to have it going to the root where all the folders are listing the tv shows.

Thanks

Hi,

I've a s simple question. Is there a way to see what recordings I have coming up and a way therefore to delete them and alter them etc.

Yes just press menu then timers and then timers again. To delete series links in the first timers menu ull see an autotimers menu and its in here that you can delete those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

Pushing the timers button on the remote should show up coming recordings which you can delete if you need to.

Hi
This works great as I am at present recording Easteanders for the misses.
Only think I found is when she goes into the Eastenders folder and watches a show, it stays in the folder.
Is is possible to have it going to the root where all the folders are listing the tv shows.

Thanks

Unfortunately that is part of the 'File List' code which I have deliberately stayed away from touching, it's the same on a SKY box, if you watch an Eastenders that is in a folder, when you finish watching it you are still in that folder, the only difference is I think on a SKY box you press the back button to go back to the root (main list) where as in 'File List' you need to move to the .. at top and click on OK, again this is part of the file list code.

Getting a crash everytime the plugin runs (every 30 mins) with the latest update.

Same thing in every log file:
Code:
17:00:00.474 {   } Plugins/Extensions/MovieOrganisor/plugin.py:241 MovieOrganisoronTimer [MovieOrganisor] MovieOrganisor onTimer occured at Thu 30 Jun 2016 17:00:00 IST
17:00:00.475 {   } Plugins/Extensions/MovieOrganisor/plugin.py:254 doMovieOrganisor [MovieOrganisor] Running MovieOrganisor Thu 30 Jun 2016 17:00:00 IST
17:00:03.073 [   ] gdi/grc.cpp:193 thread main thread is non-idle! display spinner!
17:00:06.467 { D } Traceback (most recent call last):
17:00:06.467 { D }   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MovieOrganisor/plugin.py", line 244, in MovieOrganisoronTimer
17:00:06.483 { D }   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MovieOrganisor/plugin.py", line 256, in doMovieOrganisor
17:00:06.483 { D }   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MovieOrganisor/plugin.py", line 260, in go
17:00:06.484 { D }   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MovieOrganisor/plugin.py", line 108, in domovieorganisation
17:00:06.485 { D } ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'Martinez v Lomachenko'
17:00:06.485 [ E ] python/python.cpp:209 call (PyObject_CallObject(<bound method AutoMovieOrganisorTimer.MovieOrganisoronTimer of <Plugins.Extensions.MovieOrganisor.plugin.AutoMovieOrganisorTimer instance at 0x71760df0>>,()) failed)

The error seems to be with 'Martinez v Lomachenko' , although the full title is Live: Martinez v Lomachenko

Thinking it could be something to do with this:
if there is a colon in the name we take the show name as that to the left of the colon

Hey, i am also getting a crash, though i've not managed to grab the log.. I get a blue screen and the GUI restarts..

I don't seem to have any files with a colon in the name though.

Edit : Mine is falling over on this file :

20160517 2312 - 102 BBC Two HD - Louis Theroux_ A Different Brain

I deleted that file and i'm still getting a crash.. :( think i'll have to disable it for now

Last edited:
Yeah in my Tv Shows folder I have separate folders like Eastenders Motogp etc which when that program is recording it gets sent to that folder. I would just like to use the plugin for future new recordings

Looking at your image, the path you want is stored in the config.movielist.videodirs setting so you should be able to select it in the plugins menu, use left or right arrow to select different path.
Grog
thanks mate, sorted. but i swear the option wasnt there yesterday lol

Hey, i am also getting a crash, though i've not managed to grab the log.. I get a blue screen and the GUI restarts..
Yeah, I didn't mention that, but mine does the same.

think i'll have to disable it for now
I reverted back to an older version I had downloaded previously (version 1.10) which is working without problems.

Possible useful info: running Wooshbuild 4.00 updated from 3.x, with restored settings.

Back