Movie Organisor plugin - organise your series recordings into folders

OK version 1.82 is available, if you have 1.80 or 1.81 installed just use the blue button to update. If you have an earlier version, install 1.80 using instructions in first post and then update via blue button. I know some noted 1.80 crashes during the update but reboots to the latest version. Hopefully the blue screen should be resolved on later versions.

As planned in the previous versions, if your box reboots for some reason during a recording the 2nd part of the recording will now have the text 'part x (power outage) next to the show name. There is a minor bug, if your recording a show like 'Live Austrian GP: Qualifying' (colon in title) and the recording is interupted the first part of the recording is put into the Live Austrian GP folder, but the remaining part is not. I will fix this but it's not a top priority for me at the moment.

Have I missed something as I've got movie organisor to recognise my recording paths but I haven't got the recordings in a folder at all

Have I missed something as I've got movie organisor to recognise my recording paths but I haven't got the recordings in a folder at all
Where are your recordings? in the settings have you set the recording path to the same folder as you have set in the Movie Organisor. If you have set the folder in the plugin to /media/hdd/movie/tv shows then your recordings must be stored in the same folder. If your recordings are saved in /media/hdd/movie and you want them stored in /media/hdd/movie/tv shows then this plug does not do that

OK version 1.82 is available, if you have 1.80 or 1.81 installed just use the blue button to update. If you have an earlier version, install 1.80 using instructions in first post and then update via blue button. I know some noted 1.80 crashes during the update but reboots to the latest version. Hopefully the blue screen should be resolved on later versions.

As planned in the previous versions, if your box reboots for some reason during a recording the 2nd part of the recording will now have the text 'part x (power outage) next to the show name. There is a minor bug, if your recording a show like 'Live Austrian GP: Qualifying' (colon in title) and the recording is interupted the first part of the recording is put into the Live Austrian GP folder, but the remaining part is not. I will fix this but it's not a top priority for me at the moment.

Hi did u manage to have a look at my suggestion on last page for a future feature update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi did u manage to have a look at my suggestion on last page for a future feature update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have thought about it, I'm not a kodi user so would have no way of testing it and as you can see from my threads I'm having enough fun trying to fix bugs I can test, it would be a nightmare adding things I can't test.

Sorry

Where are your recordings? in the settings have you set the recording path to the same folder as you have set in the Movie Organisor. If you have set the folder in the plugin to /media/hdd/movie/tv shows then your recordings must be stored in the same folder. If your recordings are saved in /media/hdd/movie and you want them stored in /media/hdd/movie/tv shows then this plug does not do that

I'm sorry I'm constantly posting on here. This is my recording settings

image-1.jpgimage.jpg

My recordings are not getting put into folders at all

Really don't understand

This is a long shot, is it possible for you to create a folder TVShows (without the space) and try using that one for your recordings and the plugin. It could be as simple as the space messing things up.

Thanks

Grog, is there any chance you could give me a run down of the logic of your script?

I've just bought a new NAS drive and i'm going to be recording to that instead. I'd like to run a very similar script to yours but run it on the NAS rather than have my H2S run it...

I'd be interested to know how you are matching episodes etc.

basically it is doing a regex on the file name, tv recordings are saved in the format

date time channel program
20160706 2058 - BBC One HD - New Blood.ts

I remove the extension and then split it on the - giving me the title. if you have my original script (before it became a plugin) then that may work on your NAS if you install python on there as well. There have obviously there have been some refinements made since but should be a start.

---------- Post Merged at 09:26 PM ----------

Hi

Internet working fine as I was watching TV
It happens when I press the portal or the green button I get this error.
Once I press the OK button it goes away.

Strange thing is it wont happen again until I reboot the unit.

Thanks

I was just going to ask you what version you have etc but when I pressed the green button to get my plugin list I got exactly the same error but for iptv list updater which then wasn't in the plugin list, when I then exited out of the plugin list and pressed the green I got no error and the iptv updater plugin was listed again.

I don't know what caused it but I will see if I can find out.

EDIT: just looked at your image again and saw you also had iptv list updater mentioned. When you get the message, if you press OK you should go to your plugin list, are MovieOrganisor and/or IPTV list updater listed?

---------- Post Merged at 09:58 PM ----------

Hi

Internet working fine as I was watching TV
It happens when I press the portal or the green button I get this error.
Once I press the OK button it goes away.

Strange thing is it wont happen again until I reboot the unit.

Thanks
Has your box experienced a power outage at all, we had a power cut this evening and my logs shows an error mentioning iptv_list_updater just after it rebooted, I've never had the error before. I will see what happens when I restart gui and or reboot box

Update : I've restarted my gui and the error never reappeared, so I rebooted the box and again the error never returned so I can't reproduce the error.

Last edited:
Just updated to 1.83, what are the changes mate?

The plugin takes a filename and assumed anything right of a . is the file extension, ie ts or mp4. It worked perfectly until the program title has a . in it so it needed a small mod so it checks for the last . in the filename to get the extension.

For example I downloaded a few episode of 'Mr. Robot' on IPTV and it created the folder 'Mr', it moved the recordings into it correctly but then blue screened and restarted the gui. Tested in 1.83 and that no longer happens, the folder is named correctly and it doesn't crash.

Sorry it was late last night and forgot to post here.

Hey Grog, It seems that the plugin moved something whilst it was still recording tonight.. ended up with a 0k TS file.. is that possible or has something else gone on here?

Edit : I've had to turn this off unfortunately.. (which needs a reboot to kick in i might add :) )

Whilst what it does is brilliant, i've had it blue screen my box several times today after I deleted some episodes.. i also had it move a 0k TS file (though i have no proof the 0K was caused by the script.. it may have been a screw up on my part when recording)..

I'm resorted to setting manual folders when setting up auto timers.

Grog, thanks for all your effort, it really is a fantastic script and the last missing link to a proper SLY service.. i just can't trust it at the moment.

Last edited:
Hi Damned

What version of the plugin are you running? 1.83 is the latest.

The plugin doesn't (shouldn't) touch any file that has been modified in the last 5 minutes, ie if the recording ended less than 5 minutes ago it isn't moved until the plugin runs again.

What was the recording that was 0k, ie show and channel? was the folder it was put in correctly named? If it is 0k that would suggest nothing at all recorded or the plugin was running at the exact same time the recording started and the 5 minute check was just ignored as all the plugin does is use the system copy command, saying that I'm not one to rule out a possibility of some bug.

So you deleted a number of recordings and then got a blue screen, the thing that comes to mind is if you was deleting as the plugin was starting, ie if you deleted all of your episodes of jackanory (is that still on) and the plugin checked the folder and saw one episode left it would try to move that to the root folder, if you deleted that last one after the plugin had seen it but before it had moved then it may cause a problem. Or it could be the file list module that is trying to delete a recording that you have already deleted. Either way I would think this is down to bad timing.

If you can telnet or ftp to your box, in the /home/root/logs folder you will find a crash log, enigma2_crash_*.log (* being a string of numbers), can you post the contents here for me to check please?

Hey Grog, It seems that the plugin moved something whilst it was still recording tonight.. ended up with a 0k TS file.. is that possible or has something else gone on here?

Edit : I've had to turn this off unfortunately.. (which needs a reboot to kick in i might add :) )

Whilst what it does is brilliant, i've had it blue screen my box several times today after I deleted some episodes.. i also had it move a 0k TS file (though i have no proof the 0K was caused by the script.. it may have been a screw up on my part when recording)..

I'm resorted to setting manual folders when setting up auto timers.

Grog, thanks for all your effort, it really is a fantastic script and the last missing link to a proper SLY service.. i just can't trust it at the moment.

Hey agin,

my log files are here : http://www.filedropper.com/enigmalogs

I'm pretty sure the 0k thing wasn't you.. it was just a screw up on the recording on my end.. i was recording 2 channels and for some reason, one of them was blank.. Hopefully the logs files will give you a bit of insight to the crashes though.

OK in the first two error logs the plugin is crashing when trying to remove the 'Rich Kids of Instagram' folder, and the third error log shows the plugin crashing when trying to remove the 'Secret Life of Brothers & Sisters' folder.

In both cases it crashes as it's trying to delete the folders but then the system says the folders are not empty. The strange thing is the script is saying if there are no files in the folder then delete it. That is a new one on me, are these shows recorded from TV or downloaded from IPTV or something.

Hey agin,

my log files are here : http://www.filedropper.com/enigmalogs

I'm pretty sure the 0k thing wasn't you.. it was just a screw up on the recording on my end.. i was recording 2 channels and for some reason, one of them was blank.. Hopefully the logs files will give you a bit of insight to the crashes though.

OK I have set timer to record the rich kids show so I can test it, unfortunately its not on until Monday so can't do it until Monday week when I have 2 recordings and a folder is created, I want to record and then delete in the same way you would.

Out of interest, did you have to delete the folders manually or did they get deleted automatically after next run of plugin?

Back