Movie Organisor plugin - organise your series recordings into folders

Hey,

I've come across an issue with the latest version (previously using the first release with CronTimer) I've been recording the Tour De France Highlights every night at 7pm on ITV4, previous version moved them all into a "Tour De France Highlights" folder fine, but now the shows just dont move either automatically or manually, other shows (Paw Patrol etc) are grouping fine just the Tour's not for budging!

Is the folder being created and recordings not being moved or is no folder being created?

Is the program name exactly the same each night, ie is it just called 'Tour de France Highlights' or is it something like 'Tour de france Highlights day x' ? if the later then they will not match as the recording name is different each day.

Edit: just checked and program name is same each day so there appears no reason why it wouldn't move, set timer to see if I can see why. Strange that you can't move them manually.

Hey,

I've come across an issue with the latest version (previously using the first release with CronTimer) I've been recording the Tour De France Highlights every night at 7pm on ITV4, previous version moved them all into a "Tour De France Highlights" folder fine, but now the shows just dont move either automatically or manually, other shows (Paw Patrol etc) are grouping fine just the Tour's not for budging!

Last edited:
Grog,

Folder was created with the old Crontimer plugin fine, and the first 17 days recorded and moved ok, its only when i've upgraded to OpenATV 5.3 along with your latest plugin that the recordings no longer move into the folder thats already there, i've tested with other folders previously created such as Paw Patrol and Peppa Pig :p which work fine, just the tour not having it for some reason, I'm able to move them manually within the Movelist, but not running a Manual (yellow button) from the plugin

Last edited:
They are all from TV, i don't have an IPTV subscription.

I see you are using a NAS drive, if you have more than one box connected, is the plugin just enabled on one of them? It's not something I thought about before I got my second box, you don't want more than one box running the plugin, just enabled on one box.

Grog,

Folder was created with the old Crontimer plugin fine, and the first 17 days recorded and moved ok, its only when i've upgraded to OpenATV 5.3 along with your latest plugin that the recordings no longer move into the folder thats already there, i've tested with other folders previously created such as Paw Patrol and Peppa Pig :p which work fine, just the tour not having 3 it for some reason, I'm able to move them manually within the Movelist, but not running a Manual (yellow button) from the plugin

OK that makes sense, the yellow button just runs the same routine as the timer does so I wouldn't expect that to work if it's not working automatically.

Thinking about it, I might have had similar issue before and not thought about it. I record all the Live shows on F1 channel, if I remember correctly the Live GP2 and Live F1 shows moved to their own folders correctly but for some reason the GP3 didn't. I wasn't that bothered as it works with everything else so thought one anomaly isn't worth worrying about. I will check both the tour and the GP this weekend and see what happens.

Thanks

Ok i see what the issue was, for the previous 17 episodes the title was Tour de France Highlights, since the upgrade for whatever reason (same version of crossepg) its now Tour De France Highlights see the diiference???!!! took me days to spot lower/upper case d/D in the De!!!!

human error not plugin! keep up the good work ;)

Hey Grog, It seems that the plugin moved something whilst it was still recording tonight.. ended up with a 0k TS file.. is that possible or has something else gone on here?

Edit : I've had to turn this off unfortunately.. (which needs a reboot to kick in i might add :) )

Whilst what it does is brilliant, i've had it blue screen my box several times today after I deleted some episodes.. i also had it move a 0k TS file (though i

Ok i see what the issue was, for the previous 17 episodes the title was Tour de France Highlights, since the upgrade for whatever reason (same version of crossepg) its now Tour De France Highlights see the diiference???!!! took me days to spot lower/upper case d/D in the De!!!!

Was just about to post that they where being moved into a folder when I recorded a couple of days, but yes case
sensitivity explains it. I dare say it doesn't happen that often but I will look at how easy it would be to make in case insensitive. Thanks for letting me know

I see you are using a NAS drive, if you have more than one box connected, is the plugin just enabled on one of them? It's not something I thought about before I got my second box, you don't want more than one box running the plugin, just enabled on one box.

I am using a NAS yeah but i only have the 1 box at the moment... I really think my issue was caused by me some how screwing up one of the timers. I appreciate you looking in to it though.

I am having Trouble series linking Eastenders. As you can imagine this is making me very unpopular with the wife. Series link works with everything else except Eastenders. this is Slowly driving me nuts. Can anyone help?:whacko:

I looked into this to see how easy it would be to make it case insensitive, it's more complicated than I thought so am going to see if this becomes a major issue before I concentrate on it, or if I get bored one day :)

I am having Trouble series linking Eastenders. As you can imagine this is making me very unpopular with the wife. Series link works with everything else except Eastenders. this is Slowly driving me nuts. Can anyone help?:whacko:

Eastenders was the reason I wrote the plugin, got sick of seeing a weeks worth on the list when the wife hasn't got round to watching it. Have any of your eastenders been put into a folder? What version of the plugin are you using? what build have you got installed?

Got the latest wooshbuild V4.001. It's on the planner to record but doesn't actually record it. No folders with eastenders in the file list. Even when I don't series link it-it doesn't record.

Last edited:
Got the latest wooshbuild V4.001. It's on the planner to record but doesn't actually record it. No folders with eastenders in the file list. Even when I don't series link it-it doesn't record.
If it's not recording it at all then that is not the plugin. The plugin only moves recordings once they have completed.

So if you press the 'timer' button on your remote is eastenders in the list?

If its set up as series link, press the menu button -> Timers -> AutoTimers and highlight EastEnders and press OK button, check the settings for the recording, make sure timer type is 'record', make sure the begin and end of timespan covers the time it's on etc.

I would suggest if that all looks good then you need to start a new thread for this problem

Last edited:
Version 1.84 is now available, open the plugin screen (green button -> Movie Organisor on openatv) then blue button.

Minor change, to try to keep uniform in folder names all folders are now converted to lower case and then each word is capitalised so the EastEnders folder will be Eastenders, Coronation Street will be Coronation Street as expected, Tour de France Highlights will be Tour De France Highlights.

Generally this will make little difference to people but as boobishabang highlighted a few days ago there may be the odd time where recording names of the same show may be capitalised differently and therefor not put into the same folder, this should solve that issue.

Please note, any existing folders may be renamed, when the plugin runs, ie if you currently have an 'EastEnders' folder, it will be renamed to 'Eastenders', the actual recording names are not changed in any way.

I'm getting crashes on version 1.84 when running the plugin
d505a8105a45c0615a4786f41a8dfd6b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorry I can't read the wording, in the /home/root/logs folder on your box (via ftp or telnet) you will find a enigma crash log, you will see a section relating to the plugin error, can you paste that here please. It looks like a similar error to what Damned had a few days ago with version 1.83 but I can't see what is causing it.

Do you have a folder in your 'file list' that is actually empty (probably mentioned in your error)? if so can you ftp to it and see what if there is actually anything in there?

Sorry its a quick update but I have just uploaded version 1.85.

A couple of people have mentioned they get a blue screen error when the plugin tries removing a folder, at the moment I have not been able to reproduce this situation but I have updated the plugin so even if it fails to remove a folder it should not blue screen.

In addition, now on the plugin screen it will tell you if there is an update available. It waits about 3 hours between each new version check, so if you go to the plugin screen at 10am it says you have the latest version, if I announce an update at 11am, that update wont be apparent to your box until about 1pm.

Hi,

An excellent plugin, I have a problem on one of my boxes when I load the plugins page I get this error message before it loads:

20160727_095308.jpg

It works fine on my other box, both boxes are Zgemma H2S running Wooshman's image.

Thanks.

---------- Post Merged at 11:17 AM ----------

b359bde2a0a7eb0fcd838b5303050548.jpg

For some reason on my working box I have just got the same message, I am running v1.85 and all my recording point to a server share.

Hi,

An excellent plugin, I have a problem on one of my boxes when I load the plugins page I get this error message before it loads:

20160727_095308.jpg

It works fine on my other box, both boxes are Zgemma H2S running Wooshman's image.

Thanks.

---------- Post Merged at 11:17 AM ----------

b359bde2a0a7eb0fcd838b5303050548.jpg

For some reason on my working box I have just got the same message, I am running v1.85 and all my recording point to a server share.

For the first issue restart your gui. did the box get powered down, ie power cut or shut down with the power button on the back at any point? this is the only time I have got this error and a gui restart fixes it. I really don't know why.

For the second error, in theory with the code now used this shouldn't be happening. I am starting to think this is connected to NAS/Shared drives, as it appears to be only effecting those where the recordings are not on a local HDD.

Is the HDD connected to any box or is it a share on a computer/NAS drive etc
Is more than one box connected to the drive?

If so:

do they all record to it?
do you have the plugin running on all boxes connected to the drive or just one?
If you now go to your 'file list' are there any empty folders or any folders that have not been capitalised ie first letter of each word should be uppercase.

Thanks

EDIT: ok I had changed the code so blue screen doesn't happen when folders are deleted but hadn't made the same code for when folders are capitalised. So I have corrected this and version 1.86 which is now available should stop the blue screens.

If you can still answer the above questions it will still help as it appears there is still an issue with modifying folders on networked drives

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,

First issue restarted the GUI and the plugin came back in the list and I could start it - thanks for the solution for that.

Second issue:

Is the HDD connected to any box or is it a share on a computer/NAS drive etc = both boxes connect to a NAS share but within the folder I have sub-folders for each box so the recordings and timeshifts are seperate. For example:

Root Shared Folder
-Crossepg (both boxes point to the same crossepg folder, not sure if this would cause an issue?)
-Box 1
---Recordings
---Timeshift
-Box 2
---Recordings
---Timeshift

Is more than one box connected to the drive? = 2 boxes connected but point to different folders.

If so:

do they all record to it? = both boxes record to the share.
do you have the plugin running on all boxes connected to the drive or just one? = both boxes run the plugin are connected to the drive.
If you now go to your 'file list' are there any empty folders or any folders that have not been capitalised ie first letter of each word should be uppercase. = All folders are populated and correct with the first letter capitalised.

What you said with deleting a empty folder on the share thats what I did and I think thats when the blue screen appeared, the box restarted and everything was OK.

Hope this makes sense.

Come to think of it I'm not sure why I have got it setup to record in 2 seperate folders, I might just point both boxes to one recording folder and they both can share it.

Would it affect how the plug in works if I have it pointing to the same folder on both boxes or should I disable it on one of the boxes?

Back