Movie Organisor plugin - organise your series recordings into folders

Come to think of it I'm not sure why I have got it setup to record in 2 seperate folders, I might just point both boxes to one recording folder and they both can share it.

Would it affect how the plug in works if I have it pointing to the same folder on both boxes or should I disable it on one of the boxes?

The only thing is if both boxes use the same folder, only enable the plugin on one of the boxes. There would be no need to run it on both boxes and if you did they could be trying to do the same thing on the same files/folders at the same time which could cause problems.

I have two boxes, one box has a usb hdd connected, the second box connects to the first via nfs and points to the same folder. Both boxes record to the same folder like you mentioned so we watch all recordings on either box, I only enable the plugin on one box as it can work on all recordings. It works a treat.

Let me know how you get on, use version 1.86 as it should stop the blue screen you mentioned above.

Last edited:
Upgraded to v1.86 and changed paths so both boxes record in the same folder but have different timeshift locations. I have disabled the plugin on one of the boxes so will test now and let you know what happens.

Thanks.

Come to think of it I'm not sure why I have got it setup to record in 2 seperate folders, I might just point both boxes to one recording folder and they both can share it.

Would it affect how the plug in works if I have it pointing to the same folder on both boxes or should I disable it on one of the boxes?

The only thing is if both boxes use the same folder, only enable the plugin on one of the boxes. There would be no need to run it on both boxes and if you did they could be trying to do the same thing on the same files/folders at the same time which could cause problems.

I have two boxes, one box has a usb hdd connected, the second box connects to the first via nfs and points to the same folder. Both boxes record to the same folder like you mentioned so we watch all recordings on either box, I only enable the plugin on one box as it can work on all recordings. It works a treat.

Let me know how you get on, use version 1.86 as it should stop the blue screen you mentioned above.

Hiya grog68
That sounds really interesting. I currently have two H2S each with it's own hdd and each recording independently. I would love to be able to view from either box. Is there any guidance on how I would set up like that?

Hiya grog68
That sounds really interesting. I currently have two H2S each with it's own hdd and each recording independently. I would love to be able to view from either box. Is there any guidance on how I would set up like that?

I just posted a new thread at http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2s/100073-sharing-hdd-between-two-zgemma-h2ss-how.html to give instructions. I hope they help

Thanks for that. I will have a look now (y)

Running Whooshbuild 4.01 on OpenATV5.3 and noticed plug in update available to 1.86. I ran the update this morning using the blue button on the plug in screen and now when I access either from FILE LIST on remote or from PLANNER when on the EPG, all seems to be working OK but the screen now has Black Background and the folders/recordings are over on the right hand side of the screen. Is it meant to look like this? Not a biggy for me but would like it to be like the Sly Experience if this is possible - do I need to change something? Thanks

box crash

Hi matey, your plugin seems to be working great, thank you. Only problem i'm having since updating to latest version is my box crashes every now and then. I have a crash log but don't know how to add it to my post for you to see . It says at the end of it that it was this plugin that failed. I think!!

To upload your crash log zip it and choose advanced reply then press the add attachments option

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

To upload your crash log zip it and choose advanced reply then press the add attachments option

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Thanks mate. will post it here instead of adding another post.
my crash log attached.

Attachments

• enigma2_crash_1469804403.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 29
OK run update to 1.87 and should fix this. This appears to be a problem on NAS drives but I thought I fixed it with new code but again forgot to change the code for NEW: recordings, 1.87 should fix this.

Please let me know

OK run update to 1.87 and should fix this. This appears to be a problem on NAS drives but I thought I fixed it with new code but again forgot to change the code for NEW: recordings, 1.87 should fix this.

Please let me know

Hi mate. Was this post meant for me?. If so I had uninstalled it completely and not had single crash. Installed 1.86 and updated to 1.87. I then did (run now) and it crashed and rebooted. Is this normal after first install?.
Thanks
EDIT: actually everything I press run now it crashes and reboots!

Last edited:

Please let me know

Hi mate. Was this post meant for me?. If so I had uninstalled it completely and not had single crash. Installed 1.86 and updated to 1.87. I then did (run now) and it crashed and rebooted. Is this normal after first install?.
Thanks
EDIT: actually everything I press run now it crashes and reboots!

Hmm I''ve upgraded on my 2nd box and not had a problem, can you upload your crash log please?

Here you go pal
Are you sure you have version 1.87, have you upgraded using the blue button since I posted earlier. the IPK on the first post in this thread is 1.86

EDIT: you've posted the same crash log as the one you posted earlier, have you got a more recent one since upgrading

Defo got 1.87 pal, I have just replicated the error so heres my log as of10 mins ago.

Attachments

• enigma2_crash_1469914765.rar
    4.2 KB · Views: 37
Defo got 1.87 pal, I have just replicated the error so heres my log as of10 mins ago.
OK now I am baffled, the plugin tries renaming a folder to capitalise it, if it fails then it prints the error string to the log file if logging is enabled. Your error was caused by the renaming failing for some reason but says the error string is not defined. But if the renaming failed then there must be an error string.

Anyway, I have updated the plugin so it just logs a generic error message. Please try version 1.88 and see if you encounter any problems.

Out of interest can I ask what build you are using?

Thanks

I'm using my own build pal. Just a straight openatv 5.3 with my own settings. Just ran your update and rebooted. Then the run now option. No crash! Went back to plugins menu. Is this correct?

I'm using my own build pal. Just a straight openatv 5.3 with my own settings. Just ran your update and rebooted. Then the run now option. No crash! Went back to plugins menu. Is this correct?

Yes, run now runs the plugin and exits the plugin back to plugin list.

Back