multi room?

simba

Hi, how does multi room work? if I have four cables coming from the dish 2 into downstairs to zgemma box and two upstairs to bedroom zgemma box does this enable me to watch different channels on each box? will my sly paid for channels work on both?
thanks

ask your supplier how many connections you are allowed with each line, 1 cable feed into a single tuner box will be 1 connection and 2 cable feeds into a twin tuner box will be 2 connections .. if you are going to use 2 zgemma twin tuners you would need 4 connections per line which I know some suppliers offer

yes.. you put the same line on each box upto a max of 4 connections with some suppliers .. so a supplier who offers 4 connections per line you would be able to put the same line on 2x twin tuner box`s or 4 x single tuner box`s or 1xtwin tuner box and 2 x single tuner box`s

all suppliers differ tho and some may only offer multi-room on upto 2 connections
and some may offer multi-room on only upto 3 connections

a connection is a tuner ... zgemma h2s is 2 connections if you use both tuners ... an openbox v8s is 1 connection as it has 1 tuner

how do you mean, there has to be a limit on the number of connections a supplier will allow... if you asked a supplier how many box`s your allowed for multi-room hes likely to say upto 4 tuners or upto 4 connections.. both being the same thing.. he wouldn't say 4 box`s as some box`s are twin tuners some triple tuners and some quad tuners

well I think he wouldn't be happy if he said your allowed 4 devices and you owned 4 quad tuners .. and you had all 16 tuners connected paying for 1 line

Well my current provider told me I'm allowed as many tuners as I like that it's the amount of boxes that he's bothered about, so..

but anyway, let's just leave it there as we'll end up going round in circles and cluttering the thread and potentially cop a bollocking from admin.

Last edited:
I'm sure the amount of tuners on 1 box have nothing to do with it, it's your IP address connected to the server, if a server only allows 1 device from your IP address then that line can only be used on 1 box at a time, if the supplier allows more then 1 device to be connected to the server from your IP address then the same line can be used on 2 boxes or more if allowed. To summarise 2 tuners don't count as 2 devices it's the amount of separate boxes on the same ip connected to the suppliers server, any good supplier would tell you this if he/she says otherwise and sells you separate lines based on the amount of tuners on 1 device then your being scammed, for the record I've never had any issues using 1 line on a twin tuner and my other single tuner because my suppliers at the time allowed it.

Last edited:
The best and safest way would be to ask the supplier himself as each supplier can have different rules I guess

its down to how many ecm requests the provider allows per line some providers will auto block if multiple ecm requests are sent. And some will auto block if ecm requests are sent from different boxs.

Each tuner will request a ecm for each tuner, the provider will know if the request is sent from the same box due to device ID so they will know how many boxs are requesting ecms.

And yep ask them is the best advice

The Xtrend 8500 can be fitted with four tuners, so if I had one of those upstairs and one downstairs (two devices) and I tried to watch one channel and record three others on each, I would expect an email from my supplier asking WTF R U DOING??? lol

If your server dose not allow multi room it is 1 line 1 tuner. I remember when the vu duo first come out if you tried to record something it would not work unless you server allowed multi room. Most of them do now as there is loads of servers out there. If HD ever come back things could change.

Funny. My parents don't have a multiroom line on their Solo2 and yet can use both tuners at once...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back