HD51 4K Multiboot image

pdw

Hello, has anybody managed to get multiboot image working on the HD51 ( OpenATV Wooshbuild ) Infinity? I created an image on Start2 but when I try to switch to it from Wooshbuild option Multiboot, the box crashes (log attached)

Attachments

• enigma2_crash_1545410263.txt
    16.6 KB · Views: 1
Curious when using multiboot images do they have to be the real deal like openvix or atv to work properly hence the question?

Curious when using multiboot images do they have to be the real deal like openvix or atv to work properly hence the question?
Good question. From what Ive read about and understood, you can have OpenATV on one and Vix on another - thats what I wanted to do.

The only way is to try the original images not the modified builds like on here to see if it works and if it works on both then maybe the modified builds dont suit multiboot? maybe others that use multiboot can advise more.

The error is the same for people trying to make full backups http://www.techkings.org/threads/wooshbuild-infinity-support-thread.140703/page-182#post-921968

Code:
23:25:50.9658 { D }   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/SoftwareManager/ImageBackup.py", line 221, in list_files
23:25:50.9660 { D } AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'getextdevices'
23:25:50.9660 [ E ] python/python.cpp:209 call [ePyObject] (PyObject_CallObject(<bound method ActionMap.action of <Components.ActionMap.ActionMap instance at 0xad9f51e8>>,('SetupActions', 'ok')) failed)

Maybe try as above flash clean OpenATV and try full backup and multiboot to eliminate infinity issues.

I have tried multiboat but at the end a a question come into my mind "do I need multiboat"?
I had two images long time but I was using openvix the most.
Why we need multiboat for a normal user? I am a normal user.

I have tried multiboat but at the end a a question come into my mind "do I need multiboat"?
I had two images long time but I was using openvix the most.
Why we need multiboat for a normal user? I am a normal user.
If you don't need to use it don't use it the option is there for users that like to switch images.

What is the benefit of switches images? May be only for few extra plugins but most of the time we watch normal sky, vm or Iptv services

What is the benefit of switches images? May be only for few extra plugins but most of the time we watch normal sky, vm or Iptv services

May be one image works better than another for IPTV.
I know developers use it a lot for experimenting with new images.
I tend to have one slot with my own home image with mounts, IPTV and lines and another for experimenting.
I don't think there are any massive advantages for the average user apart from perhaps having a known working good image in one slot and then using another one for trying out new skins and plugins.

I wonder what's wrong with my box then, cos I get the crash when trying to do an image backup.
Maybe I'll flash slot1 with Vix and then try ATV in slot 2. Can't do anything till the New Year anyway...got the short straw for working all over Christmas.

Sounds like there is a problem with the software manager in ATV.
Using ViX as first image works for me anyway

Hi Willo, that's exactly what I thought. Yesterday I removed it and reinstalled it but that didn't make ant difference.

Thanks. I'll try that when I get back in the New Year and update here. I don't have access to the box until then.
Thanks again & Merry Christmas to all.

Thought I'd give an update if it helps anyone. Ive got multiboot image working to a degree. I flashed Willobuild (thanks Willo) to slot 2. Very impressive. Multiboot switch to ATV works fine. Once I've rebooted into ATV it doesnt multiboot to VIX using the menu. Rebooting the box goes back into ATV. If I want VIX, I have to go into the boot file and :
1) ftp STARTUP2 to PC and rename it to STARTUP
2) rename STARTUP to STARTUP_x on the box
3) ftp the renamed STARTUP back and reboot.
I could of course reflash Vix on slot 1 and ATV on slot 2 but I wanted to try to get it working without reflashing my ATV .

Back