Multiple HDMI input to multiple HDMI output - layout help

LegoMan

I have been asked to update the AV cabling in a bar in Spain (there's one main person who normally does it for the expats and the two have had a minor disagreement). I provide the TV to the bar, so I've been asked to look into the current system (analogue, using aerial coax cabling) to a complete HDMI setup.

3 HDMI source boxes need to go to 6 TVs, all individually selectable.

Can anyone please shed some light on the best kit needed to do the job? The distances from the source boxes to the TV's when tracing around the walls will be anywhere between 6 metres to about 15 metres (1 of them is beside the source, but the rest are all fairly distant)

(Note to admin, I looked through the forums and no pages seemed to fit my request, hence posting here)

if you want to do it via hdmi only you will need a 4 in 8 out hdmi matrix, they can be expensive, shame it wasnt earlier as i chucked one in the skip before we came to spain.

you can do it with cat 5 to hdmi converters which would be easier to run.

are the source boxes all legit subscribed sat receivers?

if you want to do it via hdmi only you will need a 4 in 8 out hdmi matrix, they can be expensive, shame it wasnt earlier as i chucked one in the skip before we came to spain.

you can do it with cat 5 to hdmi converters which would be easier to run.

are the source boxes all legit subscribed sat receivers?
In short, nope. Not on peninsula so only way to receive sat signals are 3m dishes, therefore everyone uses alternative means.

The existing wiring currently uses the 3-band 3.5mm to RCA into RCA / coax modulators but was trying to see if we could get this updated to the 21st century

there you go then.

you will need a 4 in 8 out hdmi matrix located close to where all of your devices, whatever they are, are located.

one issue with that is you need the right matrix, the following one looks the part but can only output 1 source at a time to the tvs

https://www.amazon.es/distancia-Switcher-Splitter-Converter-Adapter/dp/B07BDMZFLQ

this one will do the job but is pricey,

https://www.amazon.es/Switching-TES...mzn1.fos.5e544547-1f8e-4072-8c08-ed563e39fc7d

the 3 devices go into 3 or the 4 hdmi inputs.

the 8 hdmi outputs then need to connect to each of your tvs. you obviously dont need to use all 8 outputs.

another way would be to use a 1 in / 2 out hdmi splitter on each device and send the signal to 2 tvs per device. you just have to figure out what works in terms of what you want to show on those tvs at any 1 time.

to connect them use either hdmi cables, shortest possible cable for each run. or use hdmi to cat5/6 modulators though that would be the harder route in terms of stability as there is more to go wrong.

im assuming you are using iptv? if so and if your broadband will cope i personally would just put a firestick on each tv and use them all independently , saves a hell of arsing around and probably cost less.

Last edited:
Back