my first python script to organise recordings into folders/directories

Still can't get it to work :( set it up correctly just doesn't want to do anything lol. I guess ill have to stick to using custom locations on autotimers :(

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Still can't get it to work :( set it up correctly just doesn't want to do anything lol. I guess ill have to stick to using custom locations on autotimers :(

Do you have software on your computer to ssh to the box?

If so can you ssh to the box and type the following command and let me know if it throws up any error messages:

python /media/hdd/ordermovies.py

Thanks

64244aba7f0d9e9e8112b9d78dbc6ea9.jpg

Got it working :) seems as though some of the folders i had already setup were conflicting with the script reading files, i had sub directories and that seems to of been what was causing the error.

Hi this looks absolutely amazing but ino in your first post you gave instructions on how to get the programme to record but i there anyway possible you could do a dummys guide with maybe photos or video would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

OK, I know exactly why that is and will fix it tomorrow so you can restore your other sub folders, I apologise for the inconvenience.

Got it working :) seems as though some of the folders i had already setup were conflicting with the script reading files, i had sub directories and that seems to of been what was causing the error.

---------- Post Merged at 12:17 AM ----------

Hi TMC

Keep an eye on this thread as I am hoping to make it more user friendly over the next few days at which point I will post full instructions but in the mean time post #76 of this thread my help you

Grog

Hi this looks absolutely amazing but ino in your first post you gave instructions on how to get the programme to record but i there anyway possible you could do a dummys guide with maybe photos or video would be greatly appreciated

OK this has been fixed, this was my fault as I hadn't thought about other folders being within the /media/hdd/movie folder so was trying to delete non empty folders which caused it to crash for you. Now it checks that the folder is empty before trying to delete it, if it's not then it leaves it alone.

You can download the zip file from https://www.dropbox.com/s/t2nr6rm5d423rwb/enigma2-plugin-extensions-movieorganisor_1.10_mipsel.ipk?dl=1

A couple of notes :

If you update wooshmans build then you will need to reinstall this script and set up the cron again in cron manager

I am now going to concentrate on making it a 'proper' plugin, please keep the feedback coming but I may not act on things quite as quickly.

Thanks again

Last edited:
There will be very soon with the following :

It will come as an IPK file so can be installed via the box's IPK installer. (I've not done this yet)
The settings will be set via the plugin menu, allowing you to select how often it runs, if it runs in standby and if you want recordings marked NEW: kept separate from recordings of the same show that aren't new.
Not only does it work with TV recordings, it will also work with one (might be more but not tested yet) of the IPTV apps so if you download an Eastenders via that IPTV app and record one on the TV they will be both put in the same folder.

I am also having meaningful discussions with Woosh about including it in his build, unfortunately the stumbling block is he wont give me credit for the whole of the Wooshbuild LOL:beg:

Hi grog68 any update on the plugin??

The settings will be set via the plugin menu, allowing you to select how often it runs, if it runs in standby and if you want recordings marked NEW: kept separate from recordings of the same show that aren't new.

Any chance of being able to choose alternative recording folders? I record a lot of stuff direct to a NAS... just a thought.

great idea btw, very useful :woohoo:

Any chance of being able to choose alternative recording folders? I record a lot of stuff direct to a NAS... just a thought.

great idea btw, very useful :woohoo:

You can select the path from a preset list taken from the settings file, if you can look at your /etc/enigma2/settings file and let me know which settings point to your NAS so I can check that I am grabbing it as an option.

Thanks

Many thanks Grog. Excellent script!

If you want recordings marked NEW: kept separate from recordings of the same show that aren't new.
Is there any chance of an option to ignore the NEW text altogether, particulary when creating folders? So instead of the folder being called "New_ Game Of Thrones", the folder is simply "Game Of Thrones".

Many thanks Grog. Excellent script!

If you want recordings marked NEW: kept separate from recordings of the same show that aren't new.
Is there any chance of an option to ignore the NEW text altogether, particulary when creating folders? So instead of the folder being called "New_ Game Of Thrones", the folder is simply "Game Of Thrones".

Right, not sure if I can explain this to well

The actual folder name on the box doesn't include the word NEW if you opt not to separate them from other recordings. But the file names within the folder currently keep the word NEW. I think the 'File List' function reads the show name from the recordings meta file, so if you have a folder with two recordings, one being NEW, it doesn't matter if I rename the file, I think my plugin would need to edit the META file and change the title to change what appears as a folder name/recording name in the File List.

I will look into this more when I've got everything else sorted

OK it's here, the latest version of the MovieOrganiser plugin, sorting your tv series recordings into sub folders.

If you have a previous version of my script then please remove the cron from the cron manager Menu -> Timers -> CronTimers

This is my first ever plugin for anything let alone these boxes and I am not a python coder so please note their may be the odd bug, if you find one then please let me know. As always all feedback is greatfull.

This plugin will move series of recordings into sub folders, so all of your eastenders recordings will be put into an eastenders folder making them easy to find. When there is just one recording left in a sub folder that recording will be moved back to the main file list and the folder removed.

As well as TV recordings, this plugin will also work with downloads from the IPTV service Watch Series.

Download the ipk from https://www.dropbox.com/s/t2nr6rm5d...xtensions-movieorganisor_1.10_mipsel.ipk?dl=1 and either ftp the file to the /media/hdd folder on your box, or save it on your USB stick and put it in the front of your box.

Press the blue button on your box remote control and select Plugins -> IPK |nstaller and press OK

bluebutton.jpg
Then highlight the device where you stored the ipk file and press OK

selectmedium.jpg
You will then be asked if you want to install extensions, just press OK

screenshot3.jpg
You will then be presented with a list of IPK files, highlight the enigma2-plugin-extensions-movieorganisor ipk and press OK so a tick appears next to it.

screenshot4.jpg
Now press the green button on your remote to install the plugin. Once installed the system will restart, please wait for the box to come back on.

Once installed you will now need to set the plugin up. Press the green button on your remote to get your plugin list, scroll down to Movie Organisor and click OK button on remote

screenshot5.jpg
Initially the plugin is not enabled so you are given the opportunity to enable

screenshot6.jpg

just press the right arrow on your remote to enable and you will be presented with the settings page.

screenshot7.jpg

The following settings need to be set :

Path to your recordings folder : using the left and right keys on your remote you must select the path where your tv recordings are stored. (I have assumed to certain extent where to get this list from, if your recordings folder isn't included please let me know)

Run every : using your left and right keys on your remote you can select between 15 minutes, half hour, hourly, 3 hours and 6 hours. The more often it runs then the sooner your recordings are sorted into folders but the more times your hdd is going to be accessed.

Remove the text 'New' from recording names : Some programs are labelled with the word New: if it's a new episode not shown before, if you set this to 'Yes' the text 'New:' will be removed.

Keep recordings marked as New separate : this option is not available if you set the above option to yes. If set to yes, episodes labelled with New: before their title are kept separate from recordings of the same program that are not new.

Run while in standby : if you set this to yes then the plugin will run 24/7, if you set to no then the plugin will not run when the box is in standby.

Once you have set the above options press the green button to save them and then exit from the plugins menu.

Enjoy

Grog68

Last edited:
How's that for teamwork, all your photos are showing now and you edited out your words!! LOL

Wooshbuild 4.04 - I'm getting the 'No displayable Files Found' message?... could be having a senior moment though!

Back