My Gmail Was Hacked

axxxo

VIP Member
As the title says it all ill get down to the details.

When i logged into my gmail this morning i received a notification on the header that suspicious activity had been recorded that other IP addresses bar the most commonly used one (my own) had logged into my account.

I havent been abroad recently, especially not too Argentina, Serbia or Romania!!!

Here's a screenshot of what gmail showed me with my own IP removed

Hackers.jpg

Ive now gone on a password changing spree as the account held details of paypal, ebay and passwords used for certain programs i had paid for like servers and altbinz.
Id suggest everyone to go check out their passwords right now!
According to this WEBSITE HERE it will take 97 billion years for a desktop pc to crack my new one, doubt that very much but lets just hope its more secure than the last one i had which according to the same site should have taken 21 thousand years for a desktop pc to crack it lol

Glad you were able to get it back and get your passwords changed.

Had this happen recently to a hotmail account, and it was the same type of situation, it was linked to my eBay, Paypal, etc. Pain in the arse to get it back though.

Glad yours is sorted mate. (y)

The trouble with this sort of theft is that if you use the same password on multiple sites it can be difficult to pin point where the original theft or cracking of password took place.

What I'm saying is this, let's say the source set out to see if they could crack your eBay password? and they were successful? they can then assume that you may have used the same password for other login's. Then they head for the most popular ones such as Gmail & attempt to compromise your email account. Just because it was your Gmail account that first alerted you to the fact that your account was compromised doesn't necessarily mean it was your Gmail account which was originally hacked.

They then wait to see if anything is done about the Gmail infiltration & if nothing is? they proceed to attack the financial related accounts.

-

Your dead right Gman and i didnt think of it that way.
Ebay account was similar with slight variation but hopefully the new one will throw them off altogether :)

If anyone does use gmail you can see a log of recent log in activity at the bottom of the screen saying your last log in activity and an option to select details to show a detailed display of date times and IP's.

Back