my rant

davm68

Something which i need to get off my chest:

After getting home from another long hard days work on thursday only to find out that some F****R had broke into my house and stolen a few items and turned the house upside down for me!..THANKS

The police were great the insurance company are s*** as i have no receipts/proof of purchase for some items doesnt look like they will pay out on them.

But i do have good news....my new Kryptview box was delivered on saturday!

That feels better!!!(y)

sorry to hear that davm68 hopefully the scum left prints or dna for the police, insurance companys are as bigger crooks as the thieving fecking burgalar.

the police have more important things to do like sit at the side of the road and wait for you to go 10% over the speed limit and then send you a fixed penalty to raise cash for their coffers
youll just about manage to get a crime number out of them dude unfortunately in this current climate i can see burglary coming back as a major crime again ive just fitted an alarm system on my shed and installed a camera system but still feel underprotected need to think about electric fence next but would probably end up zapping myself (lol)

this is bad luck for you dav, but i wouldn't accept from the insurance company that you need receipts. you need to go to a citizens advice centre, and get some help.
i presume you are in the UK as no box works in ireland, so things work slightly differently, but there is no need for a receipt, if, and i wouldn't wish this on anyone, your house went on fire and burnt to the ground, where would your receipts likely be??
as for the scum that broke in to your house, may they die screaming.

sorry to hear that you were robbed davm68
no one is safe any more
good to hear you got your Kryptview, good luck with that (y)

Thanks guys for your comments!

Not been able to sleep since every little noise...the fireworks dont help going off at 2am.

I was one of two houses done in my road on the same night.They had gloves on so the csi didnt get any prints.will be getting a alarm fitted this week!! This is one thing which we all say we will do one day!

Everyone who reads this PLEASE CHECK YOUR SECURITY as this type of crime seems on the increase.

One tip which can help with insurance companys is taking photos of your expensive items so you can prove that you have had these items and using sites like photo bucket where you can store them,no point leaving them on your camera/comp as they may nick these items as they did my cameras.

Oh dear sorry to hear of your sad news. Another security option is to list everything you have on a site called immobilise. immobilise - the home of the National Property Register and Recovery Service that way if anything gets lots stolen its all on there and the police can check their databases.
One thing i would say glad you got your KV BUT if you have the police round - make sure its out of sight as im sure you know its illegal!

Also if you can make sure that there is a light on when its getting dark, ther are devices out there so that you can have a light on a timer. Sorry bit late now maybe but. Hope the police catch them.
you can go buy an inexpensive alarm in DIY Shops. Even for now if your a bit strapped for cash having the alarm box on your wall is a deterant.

the going is tough out there and its gonna get tougher theres no money out there and the scumbags are getting braver or more desperate NOW is the time to batten down the hatches co's i really do believe that domestic burgluary will increase 5fold as an easy target for thieves as security elswhere has been beefed up to the max ie supermarkets and high street stores etc so the chances of capture and detection have increased, also the electrical goods are once again becoming more attractive to thieves as they are becoming more portable an sellable.
alarms are quite cheap and are not very hard to install if you have a little bit about you so again i BATTEN DOWN THOSE HATCHES

I agree nukezz,too many people out there feeding a habit and really dont care what they have to do to get cash etc,the courts and the police are basically powerless to do us any good . I have an eight stone japanese akita in the house and a roofers hammer under our bed,i will use either or both to protect my wife or our grandbairns without hesitation.In this sad society of ours its a fact that there are a lot more people out there prepared to defend the `rights` of the criminal rather than that of the working class joes like us who are just left to pick up he pieces ,the cash cow of the government just carries on putting up with the shit that comes our way.You might say that i would be bringing myself down to their level by my actions,you are right and i dont care,my family are my life and i would gladly die to protect them if i had to.

where i live the crackheads will steal anything to get the next fix.got to nail down everything.

Back