My road to multi sat (motor)

reading elsewhere another setup from start.

" Install channel list on your receiver, such as Vhannibal's, CiefP's etc. "

Depends on which install guide you read.
When I put my motor up I downloaded Vhannibles but never used it, I used the signal meter in Vix for fine tuning the dish.
At some point you will need Vhannibles or one of the others in the plugin downloads (I now use malimali for some reason I can't remember) because AutoBouquetMaker doesn't cover all the sats :(
If there isn't a download which covers all the sats you can pick up just go for the full motor download then delete what you don't need with DreamboxEdit.

went to install the motor today
but i only have the sky dish and the bracket to hold the dish to the motor
wont take the shaft of the motor

a bit of work and i might get it to fit
if not will need a new bracket

Depends on which install guide you read.
When I put my motor up I downloaded Vhannibles but never used it, I used the signal meter in Vix for fine tuning the dish.
At some point you will need Vhannibles or one of the others in the plugin downloads (I now use malimali for some reason I can't remember) because AutoBouquetMaker doesn't cover all the sats :(
If there isn't a download which covers all the sats you can pick up just go for the full motor download then delete what you don't need with DreamboxEdit.

Don't know how far you've got cactikid but if your downloading a channel list through your plugins check the dates, I noticed this morning the date on my malimali.motor settings from Vix was January, only downloaded last week.
Simple fix, search for latest and download then send to box via DreamboxEdit.

ok need to move into next room and start removing all boxes and add in solo2 as i think i have found my usals lol.

Just thinking, do I need 28e? I have cable for the basics

I could leave the 28 out and wonder if I could move to 23e
Would that work

I was looking in to the non english epg
i see there is plugin to convert it

it says it works in epg it self but i cant get it to work
but you can get it to work as a plugin, so i have hotkey setup to launch the plugin when i press the text button on the remote

so now i can translate the show on screen to english

Trees are a nightmare spent 4 hours
Few weeks back installing a satellite dish hugh oak trees in front off the house Ended up installing the dish in front off the trees and running 50ms off wf100 cable

Some fecker told me hammering in copper nails will kill a tree bullshit to that as i drilled 1/2 holes and banged in copper pipes and the tree has gone 40ft higher,maybe a balloon with metal wire tied to tree and launched when thunder and lightning happens might have more of an effect.

started working on my motor today
there is a bit of sun in the sky (just a bit lol) so why not

just got the motor on the sky dish itself, that was a bit of work in the first place

the original sky u bolts need to be stretched around the motor shaft, so making them wider and shorter

so had to get the drill out to widen the holes in the base of the satellite
but i got her on, just about 3 nuts are better than 2 lol

Not getting any where at all

Think I need to start fresh with a new pole, this one is to short and hit the roof of the garage

Good to see you started When i come
Home from spain i must do a complete
Set up myself If you need a scaffolding pole i might have 2.5m length in the garage

i was going to say, i cant seem to find any poles longer in ni or will ship here with out costing twice the price

Thats right vanjak rigging supplies are the same They use outside delivery
Its the same price to get 20 items delivered as one The poles are delivered in 10ft lengths

I was thinking of getting a slightly wider pipe to fit over the upright bit of sky pipe, just to extend the length of it

Well that will be another problem for when I come to it lol

I have it setup pretty well as it with out the motor, wth the motor on it will be a different story

It seemed to more twist then rostate with the dish on it the other day
The but shaft was not totally straight

So many problems lol

Back