My road to multi sat (motor)

I’ve still got my sky mini dish when we had sky+hd in’ i positioned that perfect at 19.2 but hardly used it to be honest’ does anyone know if the ppv boxing will be on it end of March’ I know it’s on 13 Hotbird tvp sport Poland hd’ I don’t think I could turn the dish much more it’s on the back of the house nearly touching the wall already

i got two diseqc switches, one for each of my main boxes

So that's on a 65cm dish. So on a 80cm they will be in a difference place
It doesn't work exactly like that, even though the LNB arm is longer, the curve (parabolica) on the dish is flatter, so the angle of reflection is still fairly similar.
Thus the positioning also needs even more accuracy, contrary to what logic might think, the bigger the dish, the more accuracy required,
A sky minidish pointed only at 28.2e picks up a signal for about 6 degrees of movement,

It doesn't work exactly like that, even though the LNB arm is longer, the curve (parabolica) on the dish is flatter, so the angle of reflection is still fairly similar.
Thus the positioning also needs even more accuracy, contrary to what logic might think, the bigger the dish, the more accuracy required,
A sky minidish pointed only at 28.2e picks up a signal for about 6 degrees of movement,

Right so il need more height difference and bigger movement

My problem with the mount. You lose the very front.
So if your pointing at 19 or some you need to post just of to the side

Right so il need more height difference and bigger movement

My problem with the mount. You lose the very front.
So if your pointing at 19 or some you need to post just of to the side

You don't lose that much really, the mounts I got were offset,

So been out this morning working away
Took everything down start from fresh

As I had a new pole to go in. So made sure it pretty much 100% straight left to right and front to back

Also got my diy mount bracket on and screwed on, it’s not going any where

Next get the dish back up and point in the right direction

So I’m messing about with getting sats now. I have 13e locked on the left hand side of my dish.

So I have a sat

Channels found 1958
Signal snr 65, 13.1db

This is only a start

Last edited:
im not there yet. i have got them all working, just need to fine them
for some reason my old h2s was showing all the signal at 99% and the bd was off the chart

but lnb should be here for friday i have some spare time

but it wasnt that hard really, once you find one the rest are easy enough to find

I've just set 19.2 up at the side of the existing 28.2 lnb for now.
Is there any advantage to setting 19.2 as the main focus?

Back