My road to multi sat (motor)

I need a proper bracket, what do you recommend?
Mines a cheapo twin bracket :(
Didn't want to spend much while I was experimenting.

upload_2018-3-20_21-54-42.png

I think the dish is a generic one too

upload_2018-3-20_21-56-16.png

you could probably modify your bracket ok,
not so sure on the oval dish though,
but, I wouldnt change too much until you see just how successful it is,
although depending on just where you are, I'm in the NW and with a 65cm round dish, I'd deffo go for an 80cm if i was doing it again

you could probably modify your bracket ok,
not so sure on the oval dish though,
but, I wouldnt change too much until you see just how successful it is,
although depending on just where you are, I'm in the NW and with a 65cm round dish, I'd deffo go for an 80cm if i was doing it again
Would agree 80 cm dish It would be a good job
If you could purchase the g3a bracket for
24 pound you could modified to fit the t.d
sattelite dishes which have the push in
Plastic adapator

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I'll have a play about with 19.2 for a while and see how it goes.
If Joshua had been fighting Wilder it would have been a bit more urgent to get 13.0 ;)
Thanks for the advice guys :(y):

Why spend £24 on a bracket which is 50% the cost of a decent motor then £xx on various LNBs to get 3 or4 sats when for possibly the same amount of money you can have dozens of sats if you wish??

So with multiple lnbs you watch multiple screens. Or no patience to wait a few seconds for motor to select.

Sorry but I don't see the logic in the choice, for a similar sort of money 3 or 4 sats plus your recording from 1 whilst watching another as opposed to the choice of dozens of sats. With the work that you do on Images I don't believe you are short of patience either :(y)::(y):

I must say it wasn't a massively well thought out plan, I just wanted to see if I was missing out on anything really.
£30 and job done to satisfy my curiosity. I may well go down the motorised route eventually.
I don't really need to record one sat and watch another, I've got 2 dishes with octo LNB's and 6 receivers with cable as well so plenty of recording options.
I download most of the stuff I watch anyway. I can't bear adverts ;)
It's all about the hobby for me. So long as Mrs Willo gets Coronation Street and Marcella recorded, life is good :(y):

So long as you are happy with it is what matters. I think it is a hobby for most on here, I have 2 boxes connected to the old sky dish on 28.2 permanently and 2 others connected to the motorised for darts and bike racing and as a plaything, and anything I miss Id/load from youtube

Sadly, I think the majority only want cheap TV and are not interested in the hobby at all and don't want to learn anything.

That is probably true as well as either not understanding what they are told or not wanting to. I am at the end of my learning curve now, l break em and mend em and can't be bothered any more.

what bracket you got?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Triax-Mult...TF8&qid=1521060771&sr=1-35&keywords=lnb+multi

Triax Multiblock LNB Holder for the TD Range

61ZqRSKjKfL._SL1500_.jpg

I got trapped by the photo, from what i have googled is the td range is a wide rectangle bracket but the photo shows a smaller square, which would great for me, but not to be
but i made it work and its not going anywhere at all.

i looked at motor, and have a motor in the house, but got a zgemma and until i get it working it will remain in the house lol

but i like the idea of multi lnb. if you have a twin tuner box it means you can watch and record something on another sat easy enough, a motor you are stuck with one sat at a time, but open to many more sats with a wait.

this is a hobby to me, once i get this working i will move on to something else, i dont watch these boxes at all
its just fun and a hobby

i looked at motor, and have a motor in the house, but got a zgemma and until i get it working it will remain in the house lol

but i like the idea of multi lnb. if you have a twin tuner box it means you can watch and record something on another sat easy enough, a motor you are stuck with one sat at a time, but open to many more sats with a wait.

this is a hobby to me, once i get this working i will move on to something else, i dont watch these boxes at all
its just fun and a hobby
I started the same way Then was installing
Satellites for family and friends Next was
the installation courses Now home full off
Satellites and l.n.bs cable Way to go mate

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Install my new lnb and I got a 4% increase as sites

But I think I need to tilt my dish a bit more to get more signal, when I was moving about I got up to 89% from 70%

But I still need time to mess with it

Back