N server "offline" - but line is active?

Janso

TK Veteran
Got my mate's openbox with me as his gift's ran out and I said I'd sort it as he's not particularly good with these things. No problem I thought, I'll just follow the guide here as I've never seen one in person before.

Except my line is showing as "offline" and I have no idea how to solve it. It's an N line, and I can see on my panel that it's active, and it works on other boxes in the house (it's multiroom, and I also made sure to remove it from the other boxes just to make sure that wasn't the problem). Can anybody help me? As I say I followed guides on how to add the line but I can't stop it from showing as offline.

you need to add a n line using the CCcam client, click the cccam..cfg. highlight the photocol and change it to newcamd, then add the line details manual using the remote. I have found a number of v8s not working lately using the usbstick into the mgcamd client.

That's what I have been doing - I've tried the USB method as well as entering manually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put the line in mgcamd and scroll down to newcamd. Enter details there.

Have also entered it in that manually but it isn't working. I've tried both cams manually and via USB and not getting any channels clear with either.

Go into menu/network/network upgrade/connect and see if you can update channel lists online to verify internet connection is working.

It has an IP address, that would suggest I've got connectivity

---------- Post Merged at 04:16 PM ----------

Okay the box has an IP address but none of the apps on there such as the weather app aren't working which I imagine needs internet.

Not sure what that's all about.

Could be a cloned box i have had problems conecting to the internet with these with wifi and would only work with ethernet cable

could just be that ur m8s box is fuked had this problem before with one of my m8s boxes his line ran out tryed to put a new one on it wouldnt work also tryed it with my line and wouldnt work bought a new box for £35 problem solved

You wont be able to ftp to an openbox. The apps also don't work anyhow. The only way you know you've got a connection is as per beni's instructions in post #6

Okay so I thought **** it I'll just upgrade the firmware via USB, so I did that, then added a new channel list (dunno if that made any difference, perhaps, don't care now) then finally added the line via USB. Working now.

No idea why it wouldn't work earlier but obviously one of the above steps has sorted it for me.

Thanks for the contributions anyway guys.

Back