N00b Setup Question

Bully1987

Hi all,

Jumped in and bought a ZGemma H5.2S off the back of a friend raving.

Done all the config of the Wooshbuild as per video and seems to be fine, 16gb drive in the back formatted etc

Just feed wise I'm stuck/stupid.

I'm with Virgin and we have a splitter, one to router, one to Tivo etc, borrowed the Tivos cable hoped for the best with regard to scanning etc. Nothing.
Also have an aerial wall socket, can this help with simple coaxial cable?

Have tried to read around the forum before posting this, some suggestion I may have wrong box (need the H2H?) but also suggestion I probably have my cable in the wrong socket

Any help much appreciated

N00b

Wrong box mate.
If using virmin dont get a zgemma.
Get a twin tunner cable box that way your able to watch one channel and record another.

Sky line wont work for vm (usually)
Sky line about £30 per year
Vm about £60/80 per year.

Send the box back mate and get a h2h or a better box for about £20 more than the h2h

Thank you for the help, much appreciated.

What alternative better boxes are available that you'd recommend for my setup? Will the Wooshbuild work with these? Or different build needed

Thanks in advance

Setup your own box mate
You learn more if things wrong
Woosh is just for the zgemma (at the moment)
So you are using cable and not sat and a budget of how much mate??

OK, come in a little blinkered I guess
I have just been using Firestick for a while but the reliability of builds is poor so was just looking for alternatives.

I dont have a budget but sub 200 ideally, just would like a box to stick on the end of my Virgin, which I presume I can split again and generally watch everything, not too fussed about recording.

Not using Sat, never had Sky in, only been here a year and got a Virgin package, BB great but cant afford the stupid Sky Sp and BT prices.

Guess I have some learning to do about all this!!

Will there be a forum category setup for the ZGemma H5.2S? Is this the one to use in the meantime?

---------- Post Merged at 05:38 PM ----------

..Also, I just ordered the h5.2s from ZGemma, if somebody could DM me where to get a gift/line that would be good

Not many fans of Virgin then...

So a H2H will be suitable should I send back my H2S

But I'll need a different cccam line by the sounds of it and its going to cost more

Correct me if I am wrong

Back