Need advice on buying a new cable sat box

emmerdale

Hi guys i managed to brick my zgemma h5.2tc combo box . So now i am looking to purchase a new box i liked the h5.2tc box as i could record 2x cable channels and a satellite channel at the same time so really i am looking at the same type of box but there is so much to choose from out there i am really looking for some suggestions as to what to buy i have been told the zgemma H7C 4K BOX is a good one to consider the price around £120 but you have to use Oscam i have never used Oscam bfore only mg cams so this is troubleing me any advice would be great. thanks in advance guys.

I think you just need to re flash your current box, before shelling out for a new box, although maybe you are after an upgrade anyway, if so then yes sell your box on here, explain what problems that you are having with it, and I am sure you will get a fair price for it, which would go towards the cost of your new box.

what is/isnt happening on your h52tc? it's probably reflashable. pm me if you want someone to sort it for you.

As for using oscam? once you have your oscam file it's no more complicated to use then mgcamd. Your provider should be able to send you your line in oscam format but if not it's not too hard to convert your mgcamd line into oscam format.

As I've said before, there's 99% certain nothing wrong with the box, it's the usb.
You can get rid of the box and buy a new H7C but you'll have the same problem when you need to flash that, your usb won't work.
Listen to what people are saying...this happens every day of every week of every year - it's the #1 problem reported on this site, 'box won't flash, stuck on boot, tried 3 usb's' etc etc etc
they either get a new usb and it suddenly works or they use one of the preparation tools mentioned by @Willo3092 and it suddenly works perfect again.
There was one this afternoon in the wooshbuild thread in the same boat as you.
His box is now flashed and working

100% agree with Pablo too many people think box is bricked ect and want just buy a new box guaranteed same problem will arise there is certain tools you can try to format usb propperly ut could take 10 usb 9 will fail and 1 will eventually flash it may feel like there's nothing more that can be done without trying every option available willows formatting tools has helped numerous people out just by following simple guides and steps I can't count anybody who has completely bricked a box

Update on the 'bricked H5'
Another example of persevering with a box that the owners think has been banjaxed, another great thing about techkings and its members being able to give good advice to someone who is thinking of chucking a box out in the bin, makes you wonder how many people there are out there that do throw them away when they think they are broken, people that maybe are not members of any forums such as this one.

True, even some older ones,I got two DM 800s of ebay during the summer for £40, set one up for a mates son for a multisat dish and one for my daughter just using freesat channels of a sky dish, done the job rightly.

if your box is bricked m8, will sell you my zgemma h4, only had it a week for testing only, got @grog68 grogbuild on it works a treat, happy days. :grin:

Back