1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need an android box that doesn't lose date and time when switched off.

Discussion in 'Kodi - Android box - Firesticks - MXQ' started by Ariana, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Ariana

Ariana Registered

I need an android box that doesn't reset the date and time when it has no power. It needs to have a small internal battery like a computer does.

It doesnt need to survive an EMP but it needs to survive a power outage or unplug.

2. Jethro

Jethro Registered

Male
    I have a M8 box which keeps time and date whenever I turn off power supply.

3. Jethro

Jethro Registered

Male
    Android M8 set top box, that's all I can tell you , hope it helps, Google it ??. Good Luck.

4. Caturent

Caturent Registered

Male
    Saudi Arabia
    have you gave this a go on your android device?ClockSync...

5. Jethro

Jethro Registered

Male
    M8 ultra HD android box on ebay for about £38 .

6. Ariana

Ariana Registered

the problem is some WiFi networks will not allow you to connect if ur date and time is incorrect.

7. Jethro

Jethro Registered

Male
    Don't know about that, I have never had that problem.

8. Paulie57

Paulie57 Registered

Yep ariana is right , if time and date are not right you will get an error message ie in google playstore asking to correct . It happens on older mx boxes that i had . I now use mimi neo 1 boxes and never loses time and date when powered off .......

9. Jethro

Jethro Registered

Male
    My m8 box doesn't either? ?.

10. Jethro

Jethro Registered

Male
    M8 ultra HD android box on ebay as I said in earlier post £38:99.

11. Jethro

Jethro Registered

Male
    Just Google m8 ultra HD 4k.

12. Cortina

Cortina Registered

Male
    Ireland
    a lot of cheap android boxes {not all} will have a cheap small battery inside to keep time correct when not powered on, these do not recharge on most boxes, and will eventually run out after a couple of years, leaving you with the wrong {reset} time and date, and leading to you being told your box is old ,buy a newer model, but this will happen again with the new model, although by the time the battery runs out, it will also be an old model, so you buy a new model and by the time the battery runs out, it again will be an old model, ensuring you buy anew model again, a lot of small tech is the same, just think of your old phone, how many bought a new one because their battery gave up.

13. Ariana

Ariana Registered

its literally a watch battery I can easily replace it thats not a problem.