Need help regarding lines.

Hi guys I believe my line is nearing it's renewal date and I've read the difference between the 2 different lines but my issue is that when I checked to see what I need I think I actually have both a cline and a nline so I'm not sure which I should replace. I should say I've not had to renew a line before and the person I got the box from isn't available. Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

Hi guys I believe my line is nearing it's renewal date and I've read the difference between the 2 different lines but my issue is that when I checked to see what I need I think I actually have both a cline and a nline so I'm not sure which I should replace. I should say I've not had to renew a line before and the person I got the box from isn't available. Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

Are you using cable, satellite or both?
A cable line will probably be CWS line for mgcamd
A sat line is usually a C line

one way to find out which line you are using is to check softcam panel and see which softcam is being used

I'm just using cable. I did see that mentioned on another post but I've been through the menu and can't find how to get into it.

Found it and it says mgcamd_1.38r1

normally it's menu>info panel>softcam panel and the softcam you are using will be showing in active cam

but it depends whcih build/image you are using on the box as to where softcam panel is

Back