Cable Need help with new setup

SirKlip

Hey

I just took the plunge and got myself an upgrade. I've got the new H7C
I have got it all setup with wooshbuild and OSCAM working
But when i try record one and watch another the recording works but my 2nd channel is blank.
Do i need to have 2 cams running?
I have 2 servers setup in my oscam.server file
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Are both tuners configured? Also does any of the line's allow multiple connections? You can try by recording a premium channel and watching an FTV channel i.e. 1 to 5 SD.

what sources are you using?
Two cable you should have no problems there if tuners are setup right
One cable one sat should have no problem if turners are setup right
Two sat is different you will only get a limited amount of channels on the second

I am using 2 cable connections.
I tried what you said Dsayers and i can record one and watch fta channels (bbc and itv and four)
But cannot watch premium.

go through the menu & check Tuners B & C have signal: menu/setup/service searching/signal finder, B & C should be set to DVB-C within tuner configuration

Last edited:
I am still using a few issues with it.
It works intermittently.
Now that i know the correct steps.
I am going to writ the box tomorrow and start a fresh. (I've tried quite a few things before i got it working so want a clean slate)
Once i have it working I'll write up a mini guide of what i did.

Ok further on from this issue i was having.

I have been installed and working at 75% for a few days now trying to find a solution.

My problem is that about 70% of the channels work absolutely fine. including sports and movies
While a few channels (DAMX, many +1 channels, animal planet) either take a long time to clear and then buffer or don't clear at all.

I Have 2 boxes a H2H and a H7C running OpenATV 6.2 and problem occurs on both of them.
I use MGcam on the H2H
and OSCAM on the H7C
I have tried both GrogBuild and Wooshbuild.
Manual scan of channels and ABM scan.
I have tried different versions of OSCam on my H7C
and i have tried lines from about 4 different suppliers on here.

I have a booster (installed by virmin) plugging directly into my main feed then splitting to my internet and then i have a 3 way splitter running to my H2H and my H7C.

I am literally a couple steps from pulling my hair out.

any help or advice in this would be greatly appreciated

In the meantime i am going to try OpenVix image see if that helps

Those channels you mention that you're having some issues with are well known channels that some servers have issues with, its unlikely it has anything to do with you're setup.

I have been fighting this as long as I have been using/testing VM c/s & IPTV, a few oddball channels are just not so good, usually its a channel like TCM HD that hangs & takes a moment to clear on one visit but not the next, I suffer with a touch of OCD & like things to be as they should be so went down the same road as you looking for improvement, changed cams, providers, image/builds (including my own images), I gave up on it in the end as Im convinced on the IPTV side its a source issue rather than an issue with individual providers, image or setup but I havnt got an answer for VM c/s as one box will clear a channel but another box can sometimes have problems clearing the same channel.

I counter my OCD nitpicking with the fact that we get 98% of available viewing, PPV events, access to boxsets & catchup without the fatcat monthly outlay.

Last edited:
Update:
I think i finally have it as good as its going to get now.
I found a line that works great with my setup, 99% of the channels clear and only a few take up to 5s to clear.
the missing 1% are the channels i don't really care about anyway. so i am happy to report i am sorted on that front.
and my 2nd issue with the 2nd tuner not recording properly.
Turns out it was a bad cable, bought a replacement yesterday and that records perfectly while i'm watching another channel.

Thanks for all your help with this guys and gals.

Back