Network? DHCP Reset?

Each morning when I go to use the internet on my Vu+ Solo2 I need switch off/on my unit from the power switch as that is the only way to re-set the Vu+ Solo2's Network Adaptor. I do this because the box would fail to connect to the internet otherwise. The Vu+ Solo2 not working also stops the Internet working on my computer which is annoying.

Although I can get the Vu+ network working again along with the N-Line I reckon I shouldn't really need to keep doing this..

Also I reckon it might have something to do with DHCP needing to be reset as when I run the 'Run Network Test' on the Vu+ the box fails on the 'IP Address' section and also the 'Name server' section.

Any help much appreciated..

I don't own a Vu+, but you need to turn DHCP on to enable the router to give the box an IP address. Is there a setting to allow this on the receiver?

Sounds like your router is getting a bit confused. Have you tried re-booting that rather than the box?

is pc and vu on the same ip and clashing,how is box and pc connected to lan.
sometimes off at back and then on and rebooting router reconnects,possible bad cable.

Can you not give the VU a static IP and reserve it on your router or set it right at the end of the range so it's unlikely to be allocated elsewhere?

Hi all..

I connect the internet to my Vu+ Solo2 through a Buffalo wireless bridge to my router - so I don't have cables running throughout the place..

I think the problem is that my ISP uses Dynamic IP which is fine in terms of the router supplying internet functionality to my PC, but my Vu+ seems to retain the old IP address supplied to the Vu+ via the Buffalo Wi-Fi bridge connected to my router. Powering off/on from the power switch on the Vu+ seems to reset the IP the Vu+ uses..

I reckon the Zeus 808 build might have a bug with regards to proper DHCP functionality?

Cheers for your help!

:)

@The Coach

I have managed to resolve it.. I think it has something to do with disabling the CrossEPG scheduled download - as my Internet ceased to function at the same time as the download was scheduled for.. I now manually download the EPG daily.. It only takes a minute to get the full 7 days of data installed..

Must be some sort of bug with DHCP on the 808 build of VIX? :boo:

Good luck with sorting yours out!

Nice1

i am on 808 and it downloads no problem,it maybe what your settings are on and i use vix on all my boxes.helios i read has problems with epg needing done a certain way.

satmanUK - your lucky, I received my F5S box today and I have been unable to get it to connect to my LAN/Router yet. Using a Draytek Vigor 2850n router. I'm wondering about buying a new router now :(

What router are you using with your box ?

Back