1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, If you haven't already please like our Facebook Page. We post Discount Codes for the Major online retailers. We saved members a fortune over Xmas and continue to post amazing discounts for everyday items. You need to add us to see what i'm taking about. CLICK HERE - click LIKE, add us to "SEE FIRST". So you don't miss expiring codes.

New 4K Sat receiver

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by CraigMcC11, Jan 14, 2019.

1. CraigMcC11

CraigMcC11 Forum Supporter

Male
    Looking for a new box and think Mut@nt HD51 might be best option.

Can anyone tell me if this box supports HDR via HDR10 or HLG-HDR?
    Is there a good replacement remote as I've read the Mut@nt remotes are not very good? Are there any that are blutooth as want to feed the box into 2 rooms.
    Are there any USB tuners for this box for DVB-T2?

Haven’t seen another box that can do 4K and at least two twin dvb-s2x tuners with multistream support unless anyone can recommend one?

Any word on multistream support for VU+ Duo 4K or Ultimo 4K?

Already asked in Mut@nt sub forum but no replies so far.

2. Willo3092

Willo3092 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    East Midlands
    The Zgemma H7S is probably the best option.

upload_2019-1-14_21-53-40.png

CraigMcC11 likes this.
  3. CraigMcC11

Male
    Thanks again for your input Willo, however, I don’t think it has enough LNB inputs for me - I’m wanting to have 2 cables from my fixed dish and 2 from a motorised dish. However at that price, I will keep this in mind as a possibility.

4. Willo3092

Male
    East Midlands
    The mutant only has 2 tuners. You could get the Gigablue Quad 4k with 4 sat tuners or the Ultimo 4K would allow you to have 4 sat tuners and a twin DVB-T tuner.

CraigMcC11 likes this.
  5. pabloescaban

pabloescaban TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    {builder
    Too
    Many
    Bananas
    b.jpg

:emoji_banana: :emoji_banana: :emoji_banana: :emoji_banana: :emoji_banana: :emoji_banana: :emoji_banana: :emoji_banana:
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

6. Willo3092

Male
    East Midlands
    I was bored... I just kept adding them :( It's nothing I can't handle....
    !4dancing-bananas!.gif !2skipping-bananas!.gif
    !8dancing-bananas!.gif
    !12dancing-bananas!.gif

pabloescaban likes this.
  7. Willo3092

Male
    East Midlands
    I can only see single or twin tuner boxes that support multistream.
    upload_2019-1-15_8-40-20.png

If you want 4 sat inputs and a DVB-T tuner built in, you will probably need to consider a box with FBC tuners and get unicable LNB's

You could also use the Xtrend ET8500 (if you can get one) with 4 sat tuners and add a USB DVB-T tuner.

CraigMcC11 likes this.
  8. CraigMcC11

Male
    Many thanks for all the suggestions Willo. You've given me lots to think about. I don't think my ideal receiver exists yet, unless VU+ add support for multi stream to the Ultimo 4k or Duo 4k. Will need to see what I want to compromise on.