New H2H

Nice new H2H box just delivered :) There will be plenty of questions to come, I'm a complete novice but for now...

At the moment I just have vm but the plan is to re-connect the sly dish (cable was cut off years ago) so am I better off waiting until I've done that so I can do everything at once, or is it possible/sensible to connect the vm now and then do sly later?

Last edited:
Depends how quickly you intend to put the dish up. If it's a few days I would say wait - if longer you can just use VM now and add the dish later but you should be aware there are certain builds geared for sat only, cable only and both so you might want to take that into consideration. Also are there many channels that are only available on sat that you want to watch? Consider if it is worthwhile putting the dish back up - in my case there are many Asian channels not available on VM but I also want the HD so both sat and cable is the right option - keeps everyone happy! Having said that, it's not too difficult or time consuming putting a new image onto the box especially once you've done it a few times. You will also need separate lines/gifts for sat and cable if you use both so that adds to the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends how quickly you intend to put the dish up. If it's a few days I would say wait - if longer you can just use VM now and add the dish later but you should be aware there are certain builds geared for sat only, cable only and both so you might want to take that into consideration. Also are there many channels that are only available on sat that you want to watch? Consider if it is worthwhile putting the dish back up - in my case there are many Asian channels not available on VM but I also want the HD so both sat and cable is the right option - keeps everyone happy! Having said that, it's not too difficult or time consuming putting a new image onto the box especially once you've done it a few times. You will also need separate lines/gifts for sat and cable if you use both so that adds to the cost.

It's not the extra channels I'm after, just the ability to record. Luckily the dish is still there, it's just a case of running the cables back through. I hadn't thought about the extra gifts though, as I say I'm a complete noob with this so everyone day brings something new (only found out yesterday what a gift was!) Thanks for the advice.

Well you only need both sat and cable if you want to record one channel and watch another on the other tuner.

Well you only need both sat and cable if you want to record one channel and watch another on the other tuner.

Sorry, that's what I meant to say. In our house we've got completely opposite tastes so it's a frequent occurrence!

Back