Newbie H5 Questions

Too much info in one post.

I can appreciate that you've been contemplating your a) first post here and b) decided to kill every known bird in one shot but it's not going to happen, spending a fortnight formulating a 'one size fits all' question will get you nowhere, no one knows what you have available to you.

what's your download/upload speed?

Also, using white text to get your questions noticed isn't a good idea as it tends to annoy, mainly me, but obviously others as no one replied til now.
I might be clutching at straws here, and I'm fairly sure I am, but are you living outside the UK?

where are you? - on Earth I mean
do you have a dish of any kind?
WTF is a trevor noa?

My advice is to give some information before asking any questions
also, if you could point out what you are attempting to achieve would be a big help
this site is aimed at the UK primarilly

Too much info in one post.

I can appreciate that you've been contemplating your a) first post here and b) decided to kill every known bird in one shot but it's not going to happen, spending a fortnight formulating a 'one size fits all' question will get you nowhere, no one knows what you have available to you.

what's your download/upload speed?

Also, using white text to get your questions noticed isn't a good idea as it tends to annoy, mainly me, but obviously others as no one replied til now.
I might be clutching at straws here, and I'm fairly sure I am, but are you living outside the UK?

where are you? - on Earth I mean
do you have a dish of any kind?
WTF is a trevor noa?

My advice is to give some information before asking any questions
also, if you could point out what you are attempting to achieve would be a big help
this site is aimed at the UK primarilly

I'm afraid that I don't see the relevance of what you are saying.

What does the download speed have to do with any of the questions that I am asking?

I've already stated that I am using DVB-T2 and Freeview using an Ariel, which pretty much tells you what basic setup that I am using, so all the information that is useful is there.

The other questions are related to defined functionality that could be relevant to any setup.

Freeview itself indicates that I am in the UK.

I use white text because the default colour on the black background is eyestrain inducing and the formatting tools give white as an option.

It's not as if I am using all capitals, which is generally regarded as shouting and annoying.

Trevor Noah is the host of the Daily Show, which I have already mentioned.

I have also mentioned what I am trying to achieve in respect of replacing an old, broken set top box, with the hope that I can more utilise other functionality that is currently provided through my Android and Windows based TV boxes.

I'm sorry but your response has no legitimacy of logic too it because all the required information seems to be there.

But I'll go elsewhere to ask my questions as being made not feel welcome with no logic to it is off putting and not something that I need.

I'm all for taking constructive comments but anything else feels more along the lines of casual abuse.

It's not casual abuse at all, it was meant as a tongue-in-cheek reply, the only one you got I might add.

Other options might be available to you free of charge, this is why your internet/broadband speed is or could be a factor

You could copy and paste your essay to any forum on the 'net but you won't get the answers you're looking for because you are being too fussy - wanting to know the box power consumption when in standby? - I can't believe this is a dealbreaker?

Back