Newbie here, looking for a box

Hi everyone, I'm currently looking at getting one of these open boxes, my dad has been looking at the "open box V5"s are these any good?
Few things I want to ask is firstly, how easy are these things to set up?
Secondly, best place to buy them. And last but not least, will I be able to get all the sports channels like bt and sky, and if so how do I get them in HD, many thanks, your help and thoughts will be much appreciated

Hi,
If you want the basic box then openbox Vs8 if the cheapest and can be purchased gift free from Ebay or Amazon - £40 - for the money these boxes are amazing but dont have the Sly skin or recording on another channel etc
If you want this then choose a more expensive box like Vu solo or Zgemma
They are easy to set up just youtube - for adding channels and gift
You get SD sly channels and HD BT sports including Europe and HD Setanta which have a saturday 3pm game each week - teams vary
Best place to get a gift is search on here for 'purchase a line' and then let the sellers contact you
Enjoy

Thanks, you've answerd a lot their , I'll have a look around then

---------- Post Merged at 07:39 AM ----------

One more thing, where do you get all the info needed when you need to re do the channel list and other things? Is this through the seller or is their websites that have this, thanks again

One more thing, where do you get all the info needed when you need to re do the channel list and other things? Is this through the seller or is their websites that have this, thanks again

All the info you require is on Techkings.

If you buy a skybox/openbox, then you need to update the channel list yourself from time to time when channels change transponder, or new channels start up. There's a thread in the skybox section that has the latest channel lists. There's also a thread that shows you how to update the list.

There's also a thread in the General satellite section where you can ask for a gift line recommendation.

If you go for a box like the Zgemma, there's no need to install channel lists yourself, as it will auto-update.

Back