Newbie looking for advice?

Crust

Hello all. I'm after a box to replace my rip off Sky with the h.2s seems to be the front runner because everyone seems to praise they. I want to be able to watch one channel and record another. I will be buying an external harddrive to record on and a wireless dongle for the WiFi because I can't have an ethernet cable snaking around the house. So do boxes come with 2 USB ports? Sorry my first post is just a load of questions.

I want to flash the box and set everything up myself so at least that way I'm learning and not relying on anyone else. What do you suggest I flash the box with to get it looking as close to Sky as possible?

Thanks in advance.

I would recommend flashing Wooshbuild, checkout his sticky thread on how to install. It has a step by step guide from start to finish and is very clear and simple.

As for WiFi dongle I wouldn't bother. Purchase some power line adapters instead, about £20 on eBay. No Ethernet cable running around the house!

Hi Crust - i have the H.2S and have just ordered up a second one they're that good - would also go with the Wooshbuild. line adpaters are great but depends on your signal strength etc. I live in an old brick house and they were not so good so now i use an alpha wireless adapter - works fine for me

good luck

What size external harddrive do you suggest for recording? I was going to get a 500gig to be safe.

Also can you series link or do you have to set it up manually?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Yes, series link is done by pressing the blue button after pressing record button when in the EPG. The price difference between 500gb and 1tb is peanuts, I would go with 1tb personally but 500gb should be ample enough recording space.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

I'm definitely going with the latest Woosh build. What about a line? Any recommendations?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

You can ask about lines on the general satellite discussions part of the forum. It will be on a sticky at the top.

Back