Newbie question

apl

Hi I'm trying to set up my vu solo se box but the main problem is it won't connect to the internet.l have been using a kryptview a780 off the same set up tp links home plugs so I don't understand why it's not working,I think I have everything plugged in correctly I turned my router on & off but I'm at a loss any help would be appreciated.

No problem forward me the bill lol

---------- Post Merged at 02:30 PM ----------

Tried to follow the guide but my wizard doesn't take me through the tuner part ,so I went into tuner configuration were I have tuner a & tuner b & have manually inputting my net I'd in both but it just says nothing connected in configuration mode.

you have to change nothing connected ,try using right> on remote,both tuners will need to be setup to allow recording and watching of both.

Ok nearly there but I don't understand how I connect my computer to my vu solo se2 ?

---------- Post Merged at 11:59 AM ----------

Is it with the Kingston usb the post office forgot to deliver arghhhhhhh

Out of my depth have downloaded FileZilla but I'm at a loss how to do the last part of the guide I apologise to the boffins on the forum for asking something that's probably been covered over & over again but this is al like double Dutch to me lol.

on bees post it shows using filezilla client,if using a nline you need to download plugins feed and get softcam mgcamd1.38 to be ready first.

. .one

. .step

. at

. a

. time

dont rush!

Last edited:
The guide gives you an outline of the steps.

1. Configure your tuners, if it's a combo follow the guide.
If it's twin cable or twin sat just set both tuners the same way in the guide and miss out the cable or sat parts you don't need.

2. Set up the EPG to save to "daily" and make sure you are saving it to a storage device, not internal flash memory.

3. Set up Autobouquet maker (ABM) and scan for channels.

4. Add your softcams.

5. Add the Mg Cam files attached at the bottom of this guide then add your line (using Filezilla).

6. Switch on your Cam.

Which ones have you completed ?

I am at the end of the guide in softcam manager I have three green ticks but when I try to start the newcs I get a message that it has found a non standard softcam & it fails

I think I realised my mistake when it asks you to copy & paste your newcamd line over the examples I didn't do it does it mean go into my installation page & use the info provided to me & if so what do I provide.

i said mgcamd1.38 from softcam feeds.

2 files need to be sent with filezilla to usr/keys=mg_cfg and newcamd.list as thats where your line goes as on the tut.

I downloaded the mgcamd1.38 from softcam feeds & the newcamd list but on the tut it says about copy @ paste arghhhhhhhhhhhh my head is about to blow off.

---------- Post Merged at 06:27 PM ----------

I did send those files but do I need to overwrite the example files with n line from my source?

you can also edit newcamd.list when its in usr/keys by EDIT,wait a few seconds and a page opens,eg you delete cws line and paste in your new line then click on save and exit out.

Attachments

• newcamd.list.jpg
    newcamd.list.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 24
Back