Satellite Newbie questions for re-imaging my box

Hi all,

i have a zgemma H1 and wanted to re-image it with a better gui and options for recording tv etc.. I am also hoping that it cures the constant "freezing" of channels that i keep experiencing.

the thing is i dont want to lose access to all the channels i have.

a guy set this up for me so that i can receive Sat & Cable channels by switching between tuner A & B.

I've been recommended to get the whoosh image. So I was wondering a) would the woosh image work on my box? b) does it support my current setup of both Sat & Cable channels? c) How do i not lose access to my channels after flashing? d) is it easy to roll back if it dont work?

I realise i may not have given you all the info i should. I believe judging by the splash screen on bootup, that i am running OTAv5.1...

Regards

Mario

The freezing of the channels has nothing to do with the box/image it's self. That issue would be to do with the providers quality & maybe your internet bandwidth.

What is your current GUI now?
Would you like a sly looking GUI or a virmin looking GUI?

Hi Burlesy,

I'd like a Sly looking GUI tbh. Right now I am not sure what GUI I have, how do I find out? Its a black background with white test and a yellow selection bar. I'm honestly not sure. But I hate the current GUI as its nothing like virmin or sly and basic stuff like EPG don't work properly. The most important thing is that I want to still be able to access my sly & virmin tuners no matter what GUI I have. I have been recommended the Whoosh build, but im not sure if the latest build will work on my H1.

In terms of the channels freezing, it shouldn't be my bandwidth because I have the biggest broadband package that virmin offers, and I always test the internet is working fine on my mobile phone when the channels freeze.

I'm just waiting for my new remote to arrive, and then I can start playing about. i'll start with Ethernet cables and trying a different switchport in my router. I think I have nearly another 6 months subscription left with my current provider. Someone suggested using a test line with a different provider to rule out whether it is a provider issue. So I might try that as well.

I'll update this thread in the next few days with my progress.

Thanks

Mario

When you say you want to find out what GUI (Graphical User Interface) you are using, do you mean the image you have installed or the skin you have installed?

When you say you want to find out what GUI (Graphical User Interface) you are using, do you mean the image you have installed or the skin you have installed?

Hi Burlesy, I have now used one of sucmnsee's backup's for the H1 but i cant seem to get any image on my premium channels.

Trying to get this sorted out.

---------- Post Merged at 10:17 AM ----------

Hi Burlesy, all sorted now thanks. I have my VM channels working using the image from this post http://www.techkings.org/downloads.php?do=file&id=568 turned out i had my CCCam.cfg file in the wrong folder on the box.

Now all i need to do is enable the satelite tuner so i can get sly channels. Any help with that would be grand!

Mario

Back