Newbie stuff here.... are cable tuners the same as sky

Craig333

OK joined this place last night (it rocks btw) have tons to learn so please excuse my basic questions as it is all new to me so this is where i'm at....

vu+ solo 2 box is now flashed up with Wooshbuild infinity nice easy start I have a motor dish which may or many not be stuck on 28e astra as i can't get the thing to move but thats for another day.

managed to set u a cheap iptv for 3 months to get used to things today and also scanned the fta channels no lines or anything as of yet as they prob wont work on my stuck dish. (and i have no ladders to check)

My goal is to...

add a vimidline think that's what its called (only found out such a thing existed last night) to one tuner and get my motor set up with a line on the other tuner.

i'm guessing that all tuners are not the same but do not know for sure...

so my long winded question is can i use my tuners which says they are both DVB-S2 for cable or do i need to swap one out and second question is, what is the best way to do it... swap or is there an external one that can be added and can they even be changed.

what is my best way forward to achieve the setup i'm after?

apart from needing a cable tuner in the box, you'll also need a live VM feed into the house - pointless having a cable tuner if you don't live in a VM area

you can buy cable tuners yes but not sure how you'd fit one in that box, maybe easier/cheaper to buy a cable/sat combi box, then you need a cable line and a sat line in the box, and obviously you'd need a VM cable and sat cable attached to the box

No you cant as the solo2 is fixed tuners for sat but you could add a usb tuner supported for vu.
Are you in uk or irl? depends if the channels are blank or working.
Have you setup usals for motor control?

cheers for that, I thought I would have to change it, I'm a vm customer so the line is NP :).... prob do some more research on tuners and see which option is the best just wanted to make sure that my DVB-S2 tuner wouldn't work or cheap easy converter or external tuner could be fitted before buying a whole new tuner setup or box.

oh and yeah usals with lat and long all set up right... might just be a setting that i'm missing, like i said its all pretty new to me atm but i am a quick learner :)

ha yeah or at best someone just pointing out the search bar lol :)

great place this. will give me some nice brain food :)

thats the one :)

I just took my cable out the back of my virgin box and the connection looks more like a satellite cable so i'm guessing i need a converter to add to the usb tuner.

hope that makes sense

perfect makes sense now... cheers for that pretty easy really when I have experts willing to help me.... Thanks again you have saved me tons of hours of research for sure :)

Back