Nintendo firmware 1.4.2 DO NOT UPDATE

sinno

VIP Member
Nintendo have released the newest firmware for the ds series and as always it blocks flash carts,the suduko hax still works,so wait a little while and all the carts will soon be able to handle the new firmware

Is this just for the DS sinno and not for the wii?
Nevermind, i just seen this is in the ds section lol

Last edited:
I don't imagine the Wii will be far behind, as 4.3 was a long time ago Axxxo

Sinno thanks for that m8 do the consoles update automatic, if so how can i stop
it from updating, its for my grandkids dsi's they might just do the updates by mistake.

You say the ds has new 1.42 update, is this for ds lite and dsi and xl consoles.

Last edited:
If they connect to the nintendo store online it will have to update,otherwise there is no need to worry,the supercard dstwo has already bypassed the new firmware so all cards will be ready in a few days

Hi, my sons dsi has been updated and now his acekard 2i wont work, is there a fix yet? We go on holiday tomorrow and as it stands he wont be able to take it and play on it :faint:

No fix yet,it wont be long thou,im sure where ever you are going you will get the internet,in a cafe or library,bring it along and a card reader,tell him not to update if he wants the card to work in future,it only takes a couple of days,cant he wait that long

look at the web site on the card and google visit it ,
if there is any fix available it should show you .

Make sure you print in google the exact web site as it shows on the card.
Hope this helps.
If you want tell me the exact web site on th card will have a look for you.

Dsistress sorry m8 i.m thinking of the r4 cards not sure on the acard

try this, google "acard di 1.42 fix "

or " nds-gear " goggle this with the letters normally required infront and the dotcom after.

Hope i'm not breaking rules guys , just trying to help.

Added after 15 minutes:

Hi, my sons dsi has been updated and now his acekard 2i wont work, is there a fix yet? We go on holiday tomorrow and as it stands he wont be able to take it and play on it :faint:

couple of points made on the site i have just visited mentioned above.

October 17th, 2010 at 5:04 am
If I put a Acekard 2i into a nds lite system, the DS lite will read the Acekard 2i card ??? AK2i card only works for DSi, right ?

December 24th, 2010 at 11:44 pm
I recently updated my daughters DSi using the WiFiupdater on her dsi Console "ooops".This was a mistake but too late to remedy.

Well after finding this site and the firmware, I was able to update both my kids cards without issue.
Now fixed, I’ll be certain to buy my next cards from this very well supported site.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
April 24th, 2011 at 3:06 pm
Hi Mike, it will work on the DS and DS Lite as well as the DSi and now the 3DS!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
April 29th, 2011 at 2:46 pm
Thank you guys!!! Working great!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not sure this is cosher so check out first.

Last edited:
The wifi on the acekard is notouriously buggy,i would'nt advise that method,once you can access a ds you will be able to apply the update to the card

The wifi on the acekard is notouriously buggy,i would'nt advise that method,once you can access a ds you will be able to apply the update to the card

SINNO

Quote from my previous post to "dsistress",
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I recently updated my daughters DSi using the WiFiupdater, ooops."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notice the wording "ooops" i was not not suggesting to update acard di via wifi.
The guy was saying he updated the dsi his daughter has by wifi which was a mistake.
I was telling him to read carefully the suggested link for him to visit and to follow carefully
the instructions given there.

Thanks for pointing it out though it could easily be mistakenly read by other members.

Last edited:
The best firmware for the Acekard is still the Akaio firmware,so much so the makers of the actual acekard recomend to the users to use it instead of their own,if you want the firmware for any card you can always go HERE
As always when the new akaio comes out i will post it in the ds section

Back