No Channels H2H Help please

Badger008

Right people

thanks for any help in advance, i have my new H2H box, loaded with bio head 5.3 image, cable input with RF converter plugged in the top port. I have full channel EPG but no channels?? i have no premium or FTA channels.

I have tried a scan through ABM Virgin UK and it scans no channels and says cannot read data. If i scan my region , well i scanned Wolverhampton i couldnt find dudley it scans 375 but i still have no channels when its done.

I have put my line in im 99% sure its correct its layed out properly in USR keys called newcamd.list.

does this sound like my line isnt active?? i used to have a Skybox F5S and i still had FTA channels if my line went down.

Help please!!!!!!

Try channel 108 - BBC 1 SD. FTA will clear if the box is setup right, but there are very few FTA channels on VM (basically the terrestrial five, SD not HD).

It sounds like you've got the wrong NetID in ABM if it's not finding any channels though - or your cable feed isn't connected at the cab?

the cable is definitely in the box right as all of my EPG is there. Il have a mess with the settings and see what i can do!! thanks mate

Right I have changed a few settings round I've done a new scan it found channels on a region search and the only channels I seem to have working are BBC news SD BBC parliament BBC 2 SD!! What does this tell you ? Any ideas?

Did you go into softcam panel and check that your cam is selected and then active

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I am hard wired into the router! My internet is fine! I have emailed my line guy and he ses it's ok his end I have asked if I can try another line but I'm waiting to hear back! Is there another way to check if my line is active?? It says active in soft cam panel but I'm not sure if that means that the line is active??

Tried that no difference!! I know with my old f5 and v8 it would have a green light if the line was active! Is that the same with this if it says active then the line is ok??

No - if your line is active you'll get line stats in that window such as response times and the server address.

If it's just empty space below the cam selection you're not getting anything from the server.

ok so i just have an empty space below where is says active?? i have herd back form my line guy and he ses he's checked it and tried it and its 100% working, i also have a 24 hour test line which i have tried and also doesn't work?? so any one have any more ideas? i did think maybe it was the box but i wouldn't have the SD channels!! could it be the mgcamd file??

just to let everyone know I've sorted it and thank you for all your help!!

Solution! Would you believe i had an old newcamd.list file from a friends box, i opened it to check it against mine, the only difference was his text was smaller and the font was different, the whole file was around 87 bytes and mine was 473 bytes, i copied my line into his file saved it FTP'd it over restarted the cam and it worked!!!

Walaa

If you go to softcam panel, then hit restart cam that sometimes kicks things in.

I am having the same issues, I woke up this morning to just channels 1-5 working in SD and nothing else. I've tried everything from rebooting to making sure cables are tight and correct, rebooted my internt several times trying to figure this problem out! Please if anybody can help would he appreciated ! :(

I am having the same issues, I woke up this morning to just channels 1-5 working in SD and nothing else. I've tried everything from rebooting to making sure cables are tight and correct, rebooted my internt several times trying to figure this problem out! Please if anybody can help would he appreciated ! :(
Got the exact same problem, every channel used to work fine now only chan 1-5 works rest are blank

Got the exact same problem, every channel used to work fine now only chan 1-5 works rest are blank
It's a nightmare! I've ordered new coax cables (the ones virgin use) and a splitter (1-5000mhz), hoping that maybe the answer ! Knowing my luck it won't be! When did Urs stop working?

mines been down a couple of days, I'm pretty sure I had this problem a while back and had to fiddle with autobouquetsmaker and tuner settings to get it back

Back