No internet connection

AMURILLO

Hi all, could anyone enlighten me on why my Zgemma H9S box wont connect to the internet via ethernet cable, ive just made a 15m ethernet cable, but when i plug it in from my router to my zgemma box then go through the usual setup it doesnt connect after it tests for a connection,
the ethernet cable works as i connected it to my pc and done a speed test through the online speed checker,
at first i thought the connection might be degrading because of the length of the cable, but the speed checker gave me the same reading as when i used a 1m ethernet cable
thx

I use a 15m ethernet cable i got from B&Q for a few quid, it works perfect and 10m of it is outside, been in use about 7 years, why have you made your own?
have you tried the box using the 1m cable?

Yes had that before failed network test,rebooting box and router usual fixes it<failing that might router be in safe mode?

Ok thanks for the quick replies, I'll try the reboot tomorrow, I rebooted the box but not the router,
I did use the 1m cable and that worked without rebooting anything but when I put the 15m one in and done the same it never but I'll try and reboot them tomorrow to see if that works

Back