No sound on any channel- on multiple images and TVs

Sh500

Hi all,

Tried to connect up my previously working Zgemma 2s. I can get a display on the TV but no sound. I believe I have tried all things I can think of:

- Changed audio settings on the 2s (digital downmix, etc).
- Flashed different images (OpenATV, VIX).
- Have tried a different HDMI source on the same TV and it works fine (chromecast and DVD player).
- Tried a different TV too, same issue, display is fine, but no audio.

Can anyone think of what the issue might be? Is it hardware related?

If you plug or unplug cables while units are powered on it can blow the hdmi port.Box and tv off before messing with cables.
Are there phono cables one can use to check for sound.? Mute not box?,volume turned up.

Hi all,

Tried to connect up my previously working Zgemma 2s. I can get a display on the TV but no sound. I believe I have tried all things I can think of:

- Changed audio settings on the 2s (digital downmix, etc).
- Flashed different images (OpenATV, VIX).
- Have tried a different HDMI source on the same TV and it works fine (chromecast and DVD player).
- Tried a different TV too, same issue, display is fine, but no audio.

Can anyone think of what the issue might be? Is it hardware related?

Could be the HDMI port on the zgemma if the same lead works with other sources

Try AV leads from zgemma to TV and this will give you the answer

If you plug or unplug cables while units are powered on it can blow the hdmi port.Box and tv off before messing with cables.
Are there phono cables one can use to check for sound.? Mute not box?,volume turned up.

Ah, I totally forgot about the phono connections. Managed to find a component lead and the sound and display does indeed work now. I guess the audio from the HDMI is fried.

Its well known hdmi and cable ports have issues on some models.
PLAY SAFE always have units powered off as micro electronics can blow from power surges when inserting/removing cables and usb devices.

Yes, I think I've been guilty of pulling out/reinserting HDMI cables with devices still on.

Now, what replacement receiver to get...

Back