Cable Noob questions

sunnyg609

Hi Guys,

I am new to the zgemma scene, i have bought a H7C to replace an aging kryptview.

I really dont think i am stupid but this box is making me feel like i am. I have a feeling i may have a dud box as i just cant seem to get it to function. I have followed guides to get wooshbuild onto it which took many attempts. Tuner B seems temperamental as sometimes only finds 14 channels and 600+ on other attempts.

Channels are not sorted into bouqets, i only have a last scanned bouqet

Now also getting a "Hardlinks to timeshift failed" message.

Please can someone guide me with the benefit of your experience and tell me where i have gone wrong.

Many thanks in advance

Sunny

hardlinks failed error means your usb/hdd is not initialised/mounted correctly

Have you ran abm scan to sort channels into bouquets? or are you just running an automatic/manual scan in tuner config?

hardlinks failed error means your usb/hdd is not initialised/mounted correctly

Have you ran abm scan to sort channels into bouquets? or are you just running an automatic/manual scan in tuner config?

I assume abm means auto bouquet maker which i have tried, however still no luck. I am sure i am doing something wrong but i just not sure what.

I have updated open atv from 6.0 to 6.2 hoping for a change in luck but still the same.

When trying to do a channel scan during the wooshbuild setup my cable is plugged into tuner B however it tries to scan on tuner C and doesn't pick anything up. So tried again and connected to tuner C.

It finds the channels however no signal at all on the FTA channels, but if i then put the cable back into tuner B then i get a picture.

Has anyone experienced this before? or have i got a faulty H7C?

Kind Regards,

have you got cable feeds going to both tuner B and tuner C? if not then you need to disable the tuner not connected in tuner config, that way the box will always use the one tuner

have you got cable feeds going to both tuner B and tuner C? if not then you need to disable the tuner not connected in tuner config, that way the box will always use the one tuner

Only the one cable feed, however when scanning on tuner B it finds nothing but does on tuner C but never picks up a signal.

So i have to scan on tuner C to find the channels but i have to use tuner B after the scan.

are you using an 'f' connector and pushing the cable in?
you can't screw it in, those are satellite inputs.
disable / not configured all tuners apart from tuner C and then scan for channels
make sure Tuner C is set to scan virgin media uk (all systems)

are you using an 'f' connector and pushing the cable in?
you can't screw it in, those are satellite inputs.
disable / not configured all tuners apart from tuner C and then scan for channels
make sure Tuner C is set to scan virgin media uk (all systems)

Not connected to the sat tuner i have disabled that one but i will try disabling tuner B

Next question did you do a full scan not abm on cable and did it include qam 256,as you have the kv box your scanning info provider like c & w ,t/w, ntl will be there.not line details

Would you not plug it the cable into the rf in below the lnb connector (sly).

Then make sure you have set your netid and virmin to all system under service searching, then your tuner (presume B and you may need to disable tuner A sly one) go to abm and create bouquets, should come up with approx 404 channels and so many radio ones.

Would you not plug it the cable into the rf in below the lnb connector (sly).

Then make sure you have set your netid and virmin to all system under service searching, then your tuner (presume B and you may need to disable tuner A sly one) go to abm and create bouquets, should come up with approx 404 channels and so many radio ones.

When i connect to the one below the lnb connector i don't get any channels but i do on tuner C.

Back