Cable Noob questions

you've got the cable in the correct socket
disable tuner a and tuner b, set them both to not configured
make sure tuner C is set to your netid and is set to VM UK all systems then run a full scan

I have managed to get a reasonable scan after disabling tuner A + B and only using C.

Also installing the default style skin feels like it has helped and not the VM skin, maybe just a placebo.

Next step is to acquire a test line to see if all is well and install a spare HDD into the box.

Is there any way to show the channel numbers in the list?

I have more questions :(

1. How do i input a "CWS =" line? I did not have a newcamd.list file so i created one, however when i go to the softcam panel my only options are CCcam_2.3.2 and oscam_atv_emu 1.2 11353. I do not have an mgcam option.
  2. How do i get the CH Page < > button to go through pages on the EPG and not +- 24 hrs?
  3. I thought i got to a point where i believed my image was configured to almost how i wanted it so it would be worth to create a backup to save abit of time in the future. Tried to create an image backup and the box crashes every single time. Thought i should try to initialise the internal HDD and the USB stick but always says " Error: umount: can't unmount/media/hdd:grin:evice or resource busy". I have deleted all recordings, stopped all timers, tried straight after a reboot but no luck whatsoever.
Kind regards

You need to add the mgcamd 1.38 softcam via menu, plugins, download plugins (green button) then softcams.

That depends on the skin I believe, I use the sly 1080 and then the epg mod to achieve that.

You need to add the mgcamd 1.38 softcam via menu, plugins, download plugins (green button) then softcams.

That depends on the skin I believe, I use the sly 1080 and then the epg mod to achieve that.

Just looked at the plugins available. My options are
  1. gbox (811k-r1)
  2. oscam-atv-arm (1.2_11353)~
  3. oscam-atv-arm (1.2_11397)
  4. oscam-ymod-openatv (v18-t59)
  5. wicardd-openatv (1.19)
Which one should i use?

Do i see box is an ARM and can only use oscam or the newer CCcam only?
You might end up starting from afresh with a new Flash?

@sunnyg609
in your softcam panel, there are only two you can use
CCcam2.3.2 or
Oscam
if you have mgcamd line begining with CWS, this line will never work, no matter what you do with it, which line are you trying to use?

If you ask your provider for a C line, you can add it to CCcam.cfg and then use cccam2.3.2 softcam
if he supplies a N: line, you can add it to the oscam.server file and use oscam softcam

If you ask your provider for a C line, you can add it to CCcam.cfg and then use cccam2.3.2 softcam
if he supplies a N: line, you can add it to the oscam.server file and use oscam softcam

Ok thanks, Have i set something up incorrectly for me not to have an mgcamd file or does my H7C box not support that format?

Go here and download the softcam IPK, install that, reboot and then recheck the plugins again and should show more with mgcamd in the list

http://www.techkings.org/resources/openatv-softcam-feed-universal_2-0_all_-2017.4/

Although I believe v3 is out but the above will be fine

Tried this but didnt show any additional options

Last edited by a moderator:
never used a HDD in any box so no, i can't give any guidance sorry.
if you change you line to a different format it will work, if it's left as it is, it will never work

Back