Nvidia Shield Ethernet problem

TickTack

Hey guys,

So I took the plunge and bought a shield, brand new.

I cannot get the Ethernet to work at all. Having done a google search, this seems to be a common problem.

I’ve tried all the usual stuff, like testing another device, restarting both router and shield. Bla bla....

Has anyone here had this problem and could shed some light?

I’m thinking about taking the f***ing thing back!!

Yes, I had the same problem about 3 days ago.

Connect to Wi-Fi, switch ethernet off. Then disable IPV6 in the network settings, re-boot the box and then connect to ethernet. If that doesn't work, then disable IPV6 on your router as well, then re-boot the router and the box.

Apparently it is a fault that NVidia are aware of.

Also, you will find that you may get a message when starting the box saying Wi-Fi/Ethernet not connected, even though it is, this is being fixed in a future update, the box is just checking the connection too soon.

Maybe you're right. But even so, it's a hell of a leap of faith paying £190 for a box to have this happen. Having read on line, it seems that this has only happened after Nvidia updated their firmware.

Yep, that's what I read to. I was the same, I was about to send it back, read everything online and nothing was making my ethernet work.

As a last ditch attempt I disabled IPV6 on my Sky router as I say and it worked. Not sure what else to suggest to you, sorry.

Is it worth getting a replacement and see how that goes? Nvidia are taking the p!55 though, how long is it going to take them to release the update to fix it?

Yep, that's what I read to. I was the same, I was about to send it back, read everything online and nothing was making my ethernet work.

As a last ditch attempt I disabled IPV6 on my Sky router as I say and it worked. Not sure what else to suggest to you, sorry.

Is it worth getting a replacement and see how that goes? Nvidia are taking the p!55 though, how long is it going to take them to release the update to fix it?

Thanks for the pointers @dt99 appreciate your help.

You’d think they would have tested the updates before release. It is Pi$$ poor really, especially when they’re charging what they are for it.

Hey ho, it’s one of those things :)

Back