Octagon SF8

yes, you can however, if you are thinking of using picons this would not be a good idea. as evrey time you change channel the hardrive will spin.

Is there anything you would do differently if you wanted to set up a hard drive to record ?

for recording purposes i would use a hardrive
for epg,picons and swapfile i would use a usb stick

for recording purposes i would use a hardrive
for epg,picons and swapfile i would use a usb stick

What's the handiest way to stream what's on your receiver onto a ipad ? From what I've read on the net it's possible. I've downloads apps that say they can do it but it won't connect to the receiver. Any help appreciated.

then to install each seperate file on to your box goto menu/vix/install local extention then press install button.
you will need to start your cam do this by Menu/Setup/Softcam / CI/Softcam Manager and in there if you have done everything correctly you should see CCcam 2.2.1 then press the green button to start cam.

when you get your line put this in var/etc and just overwrite the one that is there.

i would start off by installing autoboquets maker this will scan for youe channels in 90 seconds. this will be found in the plugins once installed

Hi, thanks for the useful start off points, im relatively new so need a bit more guidance please, I have the Octagon SF8, vix ver 3 image.
I have managed to install CCcam file and load this, however it comes up with an error : "SoftcamCheck :Failure instance: traceback: No such file or directory /etc/CCcam.cfg"
so from reading various posts, i have figured i need to connect the box (i have downloaded filezilla) to the laptop and transfer into the etc file.
I am stuck one i cannot connect the box to laptop using filezilla, i have input the ip adress from box, use password, and port 21, but it keeps coming up with an error: crtical error could not connect to server.

Any ideas where to go from here.?? please .. so i can basically input my cl... into the cccam
I purchased the box with the vix image installed and it has auto bouqetmaker which i think makes the epg though i havent understood this quite yet,

Many thanks for your time

you input the ip adress of the box
then enter "root" in the password do not worry about the port

Hi Mike,

thanks for the fast reply, i have just tried root in the password box, but still no luck same error it wont connect, do you think i could use dream control centre instead??

thanks
ali

can you see your sat box on connected devices in windows. ideally you are best to use a wired network. try connecting a enthernet cable from your modem to your pc. truy using filezilla then

Thanks for your help.. ALL sorted after 10 hours of loading setting up, i havent still figured out how to use the box totally but i have some channels i can watch :)
The issue was i was following a post which said type ROOT into the username on filezilla -- incorrect its root, as you mentioned earlier, success, password is password (octagon sf8 box). hey presto it connected and i could input my CCcam file.

Hi, I've got octagon sf8 and it's working perfectly. On my iPad I installed blackbox live and got that going as well, logged into the Octagon and watched TV on d iPad. Worked for ages, nearly over a year. Until one day it stopped working, no idea why and I can't get it going again. I was thinking if I update the Vix image would that fix whatever problem I have. But I'm unsure if I update the image will the box be wiped? Is there a way to save information? Will updating the image do anything? I tried software update via the box itself but nothing happens. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

as with new images start from scratch dont save or use restore then no bugs are stored,copy your line details first to pc as you need to put them back in,check how old firmware is first as there may be a newer bootloader to use first and let box reboot first,then flash image,latest vix images the softcams are downloaded by downloading plugins and choose your cam first and reboot box.
only thing you really need to do is ftp your cccam cfg data to the etc.as other things are via remote.latest cccam is 2.3.0

as with new images start from scratch dont save or use restore then no bugs are stored,copy your line details first to pc as you need to put them back in,check how old firmware is first as there may be a newer bootloader to use first and let box reboot first,then flash image,latest vix images the softcams are downloaded by downloading plugins and choose your cam first and reboot box.
only thing you really need to do is ftp your cccam cfg data to the etc.as other things are via remote.latest cccam is 2.3.0

Thanks, I tried to start from scratch again at the weekend, downloaded up to date Vix image, tried to flash to the box but nothing happened. Didn't do anything, am I supposed to restore factory setting and try again or am I doing something wrong. Thanks.

My subscription has expired on my Octagon box, but I've got a new one which needs to be put on the box again. Would I have to go through the whole process again or can I just add the new ccam line somewhere.

Thanks Lancable, I'm still a bit unsure as the box came preloaded with the previous setup, whereas the open box and sky box were different and quite easy to setup.

On the Octagen is it fairly easy to add the cam file or will I need to plug it into a PC

Can you use an FTP program, like Flash, or Cute, as this is the best and easiest way to put your new c-line into the box m8 ??

Can you use an FTP program, like Flash, or Cute, as this is the best and easiest way to put your new c-line into the box m8 ??
thanks mate, I've tried that and put the file in etc folder but for some reason it is uploading, is there a specific format the file should be in as at present i'm copying my cccam.cfg over or am I doing something wrong

Back