1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, If you haven't already please like our Facebook Page. We post Discount Codes for the Major online retailers. We saved members a fortune over Xmas and continue to post amazing discounts for everyday items. You need to add us to see what i'm taking about. CLICK HERE - click LIKE, add us to "SEE FIRST". So you don't miss expiring codes.

Octagon SF8008

Discussion in 'Octagon' started by Kings-Kings101, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Kings-Kings101

Kings-Kings101 Registered

Male
    Hi All,

Does anyone know if the Octagon SF8008 can have an openVix image?

2. Willo3092

Willo3092 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    East Midlands
    It's in the pipeline

3. Kings-Kings101

Male
    How long please?

4. Willo3092

Male
    East Midlands
    I don't know. There are driver issues with UK cable at the moment so I don't think it will be until that is sorted, which may take up to a week.

EGGMANCAN likes this.
  5. Kings-Kings101

Male
    Can a Vix image be added later on the (Open VTA) Box Octagon SF8008?

6. Willo3092

Male
    East Midlands
    I think Octagon Germany have sorted the driver issue with UK cable and it will be implemented and tested soon.
    You can reflash with ViX at a later date.

7. wesd84

wesd84 Registered

As it has a twin tuner, can you record 1 channel on virmin and watch another using dvb-c/t2 tuner?

Currently I have a vu solo V2 se and I can achieve the above, so if I swap boxes want to make sure its possible.

EGGMANCAN likes this.
  8. Abu Baniaz

Abu Baniaz Registered

It has two different tuner types, so you can only do that on the DVB mode if on the same frequency/quadrant.

I.e
    If you are watching satellite, it i s a single satellite tuner. So same rules apply, i.e you can view/record/stream all the channels on that transponder. You can however watch/record any channel on cable.
    If you are Cable/terrestrial channel (depending on connection and config), it i s a single hybrid tuner. So same rules apply, i.e you can view/record/stream all the channels on that frequncy. You can however watch/record any channel on satellite.

9. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

If recording on sat and cable at the same time you will get no free tuner but can watch recordings on hdd.

EGGMANCAN likes this.
  10. wheelo

wheelo Super Moderator Staff Member Forum Supporter

{bus driver
    Dublin
    Since when did octagon fall out with those people who have a rival forum and a 2 year warranty?

11. EGGMANCAN

EGGMANCAN Registered

What? We are all working towards the same goal, it doesn't matter who you are or what forum you're from if I can help you then I will help you.

here are OpenATV's latest images for the Octagon SF8008 http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/current/index.php?open=sf8008

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2019 at 4:22 PM
  12. wheelo

{bus driver
    Dublin
    For a start off, I wasn't talking to you.
    Secondarily, I was referring to the fact that there was no vix firmware for an octagon box - they ordinarily came with vix from a rival forum/shop, this one doesn't, and was enquiring what had happened between them.
    I think most if us are members on multiple forums, I am not sure what your substantive point is.

13. Willo3092

Male
    East Midlands
    I don't think there was a ViX build initially because there were driver issues which have now been sorted for the most part.
    Maybe things have changed in their shop but now the buyer gets to choose what firmware is installed or it is shipped with the default factory image.

cactikid and wheelo like this.
  14. EGGMANCAN

EGGMANCAN Registered

If you didn't want a reply why didn't you send your friend a private message? this is a forum. for everybody to see and learn from.

how did you get the idea that someone had fallen out with somebody else?

15. wheelo

{bus driver
    Dublin
    I think I kind of get that this is a forum, i have been around a while.
    I asked a question - which you quoted, but didn't answer, or attempt to answer. however @Willo3092 has put forward his theory, which makes sense, so there may not have been any sort of falling out.

16. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

Looking at octagon downloads for many models there does not seem to be many openvix images made and might have to agree with @Willo3092 statement.