openbox s9 good set up guide

bobby123

TECHKINGS RESIDENT
found this which i think is a good set up guide credit to the original poster

The setting up of the receiver is simple enough, one thing you should beware of is the display settings, in the Menu select -> System Setup -> TV System -> Video Out here you get two options RGB & YUV, if you select RGB then you have only two resolution options 480i & 576i, there is also an Auto option, if you wish to access the full resolution options the set the YUV then you get them all [480i - 480p - 576i - 576p - 720p 50 - 720p 60 - 1080i 50 and finally 1080i 60] the 50 and 60 options shown refers to the refresh rate of your television, so if your television refresh rate is 50Mhz then set the output to 50, for example [1080i 50] you will the get a crystal clear picture.

If your picture is not quite as good as you expect, try going into Menu -> System Setup -> Display Settings and change any of the following options, Brightness - Contrast - Saturation, once you have set them exit and your alterations will be stored.

Now you will proberbly need to set your nework up, so again enter the Menu -> Network Local Setting and set DHCP to ON, if your router is not DHCP compatable you will need to manually configure the settings, once you have done that click Apply and exit.

Now for the fun part, if you already have clines you will need to import them to the receiver, to do this use a flsh stick formated in fat32 and place your CCcam.cfg file onto the flash stick, insert the flash stick into the usb socket on the rear of the receiver, then go into Menu -> Network Local Setting CCcam Plug Setting -> Update Files by USB -> SELECT OPTION 1 [cccam.cfg] and click the yellow button to install your CCcam.cfg file, if all goes okay click exit and select Manage Config Files select option 1 [CCcam.cfg] now place a tick to each line you wish to activate, if for example you have 4 clines from a payserver activate all 4 lines you should then see online next to each line you activated with a tick, now you can exit the menu altogether, as you can now start to add satellites and channels.

Please Note:
If you add the CCcam.cfg file after you have done a scan, then you will be required to reboot the receiver for the the file to become activated correctly.

Setting up a multi satellite system, click Menu -> Installation -> Antenna and Satellite Quick Setting if your going to use the USALS motor setup the Longatude and Latitude options and click Set Motor as USALS on all Satellites then exit.
If you are using the DisEqC1.2 motor, then all you need to do is ignore the longatude and latitude options and simply click on Set Motor as DisEqC1.2 on all Satellites then exit.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quick Tip,
To move to a stored and activated satellite directly, just click the Zoom button, this will then display a list of all the satellites that you have stored and enabled, and then simply select the satellite you wish the dish to move to.

On a number of channels you can also remove the subtitles, simply by clicking the 'Subtitle' button and clicking Off, this will only work on channels that are broadcasting subtitles as an option, and not on channels that are broadcasting subtites by default, so if you get the message 'No Data' when clicking the 'Subtitle' button, that means the subtitles are being broadcast by default.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While still in the Installation menu select Satellite List and select each satellite you wish to access, the selection is not a full list but if you wish to add any satellite that is not in the list simply cick the green button to add another satellite.
Once you have setup you list of satellites, you will now need to scan them for channels, to do this you goto Menu -> Installation -> Antenna Setup and then using one of the < > arrow keys select the satellite you wish to scan from the list, once selected you will need to set the Lnb Frequency the default is universal so skip that unless you not using a universal Lnb, now set the Transponder it would be wise to set this to an active transponder and one you know you are capable of receiving, then you are setup on the satellite you will see the signal and quality levals.

Now scroll down to Motor type if it is not already set and select your motor type, now click on Motor setting and click Possition Setting the Satellite and Transponder should be as set previously, all you need to do now is set the position number to save the satellite to, for example you could save Astra 19.2east as position 1 -> Eutelsat W2 16east position 2 -> Hotbird 13east position 3 and so on ... now if you dish is not pointing at the satellite you wish to scan simply press eith the west or east button to move your dish to the correct co-ordinates, keeping an eye on the signal and quality bars, once you start to see the signal increase start making small movements untill you get the best possable signal, then click Save.

[For those of you who do not have access to a cline, you can also use the receiver with either a Cam, or a Card, as both are catered for on the receiver, only the bottom C.I Slot will work, as the top slot is emplty.]

To scan a satellite go into Installation, and select either, Single or Multi Satellite Search, as I use DisEqC1.2 I find it better to do a Single Satellite Search, now click on the option that suites you best, you will see there are only two scan options, Preset Scan & Blind Scan, the blind scan do not appear to be a true blind scan, as there are no options for you to configure, and it also did not find all the channels, but it's okay, and will locate most.

Once you have scanned a satellite succesfully you will need to exit the menu completely in order to view channels, once you have access to the channels you will proberbly wish to see if you clines are working okay, so select a channel you know your cline will open and if all is okay it should open. ;)

Openbox s9 setup

Hi just incase some people have trouble setting up then this will help (i hope lol)

If you are setting up a c-line

1. Go to menu
2. Network setup
3. Cccam client setup
4. Manage config files
5. Then press 1 cccam.cfg
6. Then press blue to add line
7. Once in there this is how it should look

Protocol: - cccam
Host: - this will be urlname or ipaddress
Port: - this will be the number after the URL or ipaddress
User: - your username
Password: - your password

8. Press yellow then go back to main menu to save

To set-up a n-line

1. Go to menu
2. Network setup
3. Mgcamd plug setup
4.manages config files
5. Press 3. newcamd.list
6. Press green to add

Once in there this is how it should look

Type: - single account
Des key: - 0102030405060708091011121314

7. Press yellow then go back to main menu to save

Once this is done you will need to do a satellite scan

To do a satellite scan

To do this goes to

1. Menu
2. Installation
3. Single satellite scan
4. Sellect the satellite you have
5. Change FTA only to no
6. Change scan channel to TV+radio
7. Change scan mode to blind scan
8. Then search

Once finished you should go back to the main menu then reboot

All done

Hope this helps

Last edited:
go to menu CCcam client setup/ manage config files/CCcam.cfg and add your cline

IT GOES LIKE THIS;

HOST; besttest1.dyndns.tv

PORT; 9000

USER ID;C: 5r5ty06

PASSWORD; Ej4Ity6

hi i have just got the s10 do these need the new firmware putting on before it will take the CCcam.cfg file ??? as i cant get it to go on via the usb stick thanks

No it should be fine, with the firmware that you got with the box.

What is happening when you try it via the USB ?

Hi hope someone can assist.

I just purchased an Openbox s9 , I received a test line from a premium CC sever and enterd the info but the channels still show scrambled , Im not sure what i am doing wrong ?

Do i need to create a cline , all i was told is i need to do the follwoing as below.

To set-up a n-line

1. Go to menu
2. Network setup
3. Mgcamd plug setup
4.manages config files
5. Press 3. newcamd.list
6. Press green to add

I tried to enter these details with what was provided but the still no luck ? can someone help me as im not sure if i need to do anything else ?

Network setup DHCP on press apply / go to CCcam Clinet setup press ok / manage config files press ok / CCcam.cfg press ok / now press the blue buttn to add your cline and then the green to active your cline reboot the box

Last edited:
Network setup DHCP on press apply / go to CCcam Clinet setup press ok / manage config files press ok / CCcam.cfg press ok / now press the blue buttn to add your cline and then the green to active your cline reboot the box

Hi Thanks, so basically i need to add the details the the cline , whats the n line for , im just confused , I have a new box and a test line info , do i create a c line or n line .

do i need to use a usb stick to upload or can this be done manually , sorry but im just a complete newbie to this and want to give it a go ?

when you put your n-line in scand channels reboot the box /wot is your line is it n.line or cline put it in manually m8
like this
host tv.dgdfhh.ip.me
port 52000
user etrthdt
password rtuugjg

Last edited:
when you put your n-line in scand channels reboot the box /wot is your line is it n.line or cline put it in manually m8
like this
host tv.dgdfhh.ip.me
port 52000
user etrthdt
password rtuugjg

Hi i was advised to do the follwoing

To set-up a n-line

1. Go to menu
2. Network setup
3. Mgcamd plug setup
4.manages config files
5. Press 3. newcamd.list
6. Press green to add

I tried this but the channel shows scrambled , thats when i was thinking if i needed to add a c line or anything else, I have a brand new box with a test line details which i have manually tried to do , Im just not sure if i have a new box what i need to do ?

If i have a new box do i need to install anything ? do i need to make a c line or how can i check im just a tad confused, thanks for trying to assist mate.

if it's n:line your doing everything right when you scand channels re boot

Hi I tried this but no luck ? is there anyway i can check ? do i need to ensure the ethernet is working , do i need to check if my lan is working from the box , I plugged the lan into my laptop and the lan works fine ? i did the n line way several of time and also rebooted the system including the router but still no luck .

do i need to install any files ? also what do people refer to when the state cccam.cfg and add a cline ? do i nstill need to do this ?

Back