Openbox v8s no signal

Hi, I have No signal on all channels on my openbox with a signal strength of 10%, although my sky channels running of the same dish, lnb and cables work perfectly. I have already changed the connections on the cable with no success as it's still reading 10%. The box has also been tested elsewhere and works perfectly.....any ideas please?

Are you using the new Q type lnb from Sky--if so then your openbox will not work.
You will need to change lnb to hybrid type for openbox to work.
Reaper.

No its the old type, it previously worked fine. I was working away for a week and when I came home it's never been able to get a signal, the Mrs says there was a power cut while I was away, could that have anything to do with it?

Yes if there was a surge it could affect anything but as you said "tested and working elsewhere" then you will need to carry out a full diagnostics check which should also include dish which may have moved slightly----if a dish has moved then the higher powered sky box will still manage a signal but not the openbox. You should also reboot router.
Reaper.

I had the same problem after doing everything possible it turn out to be the power adapter plug even tho the box was powering up

That's what was replaced as it wouldn't power up initially, now it works OK and searches and finds channels ok, it just comes up "no signal".

---------- Post Merged at 05:15 PM ----------

Just tried a new power cable and now it just reads "scrambled" and not no signal

---------- Post Merged at 05:15 PM ----------

Just tried a new power cable and now it just reads "scrambled" and not no signal

---------- Post Merged at 05:19 PM ----------

Refreshed everything and now working. Thanks you guys...you are the best.

Back