skeggylad

Hi was wandering of anyone can help
my open box is connected to my sky broadband router via Ethernet
it seems like only a trickle of data is getting through as $ not very stable
and if i go one to you tube i can search for video but they will not play

net tv will update channels soon as you click one i get 0kbs no speed at all
is this a router setting or a openbox setting i am over looking

cheers

hello :) the youtube app to my knowledge on the openbox dosent work properly it will scan but wont play, have you tried a couple of clines/nlines? to see if that helps also do you have the upto date firmware and channel list installed

sorry im not sure about the net tv problem....

Last edited:
Mine is the same... I believe that it is to do with the V8S. The firmware needs to be updated by the manufacture. Disappointing, I Know!

There are other "bugs" that they need to iron out too.

hi can get weather channel on ok lol but nothing else web wise to play

thanks for replies really hoped this was gonna be a good box

im using the v5s openbox havnt had any trouble with it so far apart from the youtube app but strangely enough the weather app does work XD

The other problem is that when recording from a scheduled program (with USB HDD), the start time is 3 minutes late, hence you miss the start.
At the end of the recording, the box switches off. Another annoying thing is that the FFWD keys.

thanks for the link
oh forgot to add when i record i can not get rid of the record icon on the tv lol

---------- Post Merged at 06:33 PM ----------

think mine came with latest firmware :(

try the PVR settings "personal video recorder" iv never messed with this option tho mine is setup like this ..."timeshift off" "jump 30secs" "ps record off" not sure if they will be the same settings as mine is a v5s but may give you a general idea

Back