Openbox V8S - only certain channels working

Sorry to be a pain...

Need to get this sorted asap for the kids (driving me mad lol)

I have come to the box today ( without changing anything ) and i am having the original problem again ( ND goes red and only certain channels working )

I tried the steps that worked last time, ( reboot the box and reboot the modem (i have even reset the modem ) this still isn' working and i am only getting channels 1 to 5.

I have now updated the firmware and got the EPG working ( thanks EDD_MCN )

Not sure what to do about the channels though :/

I have been up a ladder moving the satellite dish and improved the SNR%. But still only channels 1 to 5 working.

Please help!

I feel the pain, try the initial reset.

I have plugged in a usb stick and dumped everything onto it.

I have now done a factory reset.

Updated the Firmware.

Put the latest channel List on

Put the file on.

Still only certain channels working.

When i go to sky sports it has a $ at the start ( e.g $Sky Sports 1 )and says scrambled

I am stuck...

any advice will be greatly appreciated!!!

I am have I the same problem spoke to the guy giving me the line and he said that he can see my box trying to connect to the wrong frequency reset box updated latest firmwire new channel list still no change

Still having the same problem guys, I've uploaded new firmware, channel updates and even changed cline - still no luck!
I don't know if this is a mass problem affecting a lot of people. It needs to be fixed ASAP - missing too much football!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you make a back up copy of your line? I didn't and did a factory reset and lost my line, luckily the good folks on here got me sorted, but making a backup of your line is a must if you are going to start meddling around with the box.

You don't normally lose your line doing a factory reset.
If you've lost your channels and a list doesn't restore then downgrade your box to an earlier firmware and see if that helps.
Reaper.

Anybody have any joy on getting this resolved?

I have restarted everything, upgraded my firmware, updated my channel list and contacted my line provider (who said everything looks fine) but all my "$" channels are not working. All appearing scrambled.

You don't normally lose your line doing a factory reset.
If you've lost your channels and a list doesn't restore then downgrade your box to an earlier firmware and see if that helps.
Reaper.
I must have pressed something else that I shouldn't have, as my line was definitely gone, but if the posters have checked their line is on and their signal numbers are good and everything is updated, i don't know. When you did the channel list update did you check it had worked before you rebooted? Maybe the list isn't uploading correctly.

when this happens i upload latest channel list from AJSAT

deactivate my line and restart the box
reactivate my line and restart again

pants doon boom

A major problem with these boxes is the constant power off and on by using the power supply unit [psu]. I recommended the use of an inline barrel switch and personally never had a problem with my boxes. Available on the net for a few quid, it could save £40+ by stopping your box bricking etc
Reaper.

ive got same problem tried every thing seems very common prob with these boxes id say lot of faulty ones about with same issue

Back