Openbox V8S scrambled lines

Redhert

Hi Chaps,

Can you help me?

I have replaced my Skybox which is dead for an Openbox.

I have double checked everything and can only get FTA channels.

I have checked the cabling from the dish, tested cat 5 with tester, openbox is on router, cline tested all ok, updated channel list, updated firmware, got different people to enter line details.

what else can I try?

Ta

whats the signal strength like, someone posted on the forum a couple days ago about not being able to get channels and the signal strength was low... and even though the power adapter powered up the box , the box wouldn't get any channels because of signal strength, they changed the power adapter and it worked again
not saying that's the problem but check it out

How did you enter your line?
You may find it will work if you enter manually as some boxes don't like certain usb keys.
Reaper.

HI

its 87%+.

but thanks we'll get there

is my ISP blocking it?

---------- Post Merged at 11:48 AM ----------

HI

entered it manually numerous times and by different people

Thanks

try unplugging the box and router from the wall for a couple mins so all connections refresh
then plug router in , wait for it to connect to the net and then plug box back in

I'd get a test line or test your line on someone else's box. And, as per Jagsy's post, make sure you're using the plug that came with the Openbox not your old one!

Last edited:
I would reset everything and start like its a new box, also restart your router and if you are using ethernet try using a wifi dongle if you have one available. also enter your line details in again manually.

Hi i need to upgrade openbox x5 so we need software stb erom pls can u give me thsnks

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi folks

thanks for everyones help and I have found out the problem - cat 5 cable!!

not sure why because I tested it and it was all ok. tried wireless and it works all ok

hope my findings and everyones help here helps someone else

THanks

Back