Openbox V8s Scrambled

Hi all,

was as wondering if anyone could help me. I've been through a lot of threads and can't seem to find a solution to my problem.

recently bought an openbox V8s and followed all the instructions installing newcamd list etc.

however my box is only working for some channels (looks like freeview channels?) and the rest are scrambled with the $ sign.

ive tried using the YouTube app and although I am connected via Ethernet which is showing as working as DHCP is On, the YouTube app just shows a spinning wheel.

possibly think it something to do with my router and "keep alive" settings I've previously read about? I have a BT Home Hub and have logged on to the router but can't see what to do next.

any help would be massively appreciated! :bye:

Sorry for for all the words and thanks in advance

Jack

Redmoth - maybe you want to check how CS works :whacko: -it's not streaming

Jack,

You either need to update your channel list, allow your box on the router (unlikely) or you've put your line in wrong, or your line is dead.

Redmoth - maybe you want to check how CS works :whacko: -it's not streaming

Jack,

You either need to update your channel list, allow your box on the router (unlikely) or you've put your line in wrong, or your line is dead.

Hi mate, Thanks for the reply! I've tried various channel list updates and still only manage to get freeview type channels to work. Also updated to latest firmware.

I think my satellite cables are fine as they still work when plugged into my existing sky HD box and my Ethernet works when plugged into a laptop.

It feels as though there is something blocking the connection. How would I allow the box on my BT Router? None of the apps on the Openbox work (just buffer) but connection with Ethernet has a green light and shows as working.

Thanks in advance!

...Ethernet has a green light and shows as working...

Which green light do you mean?

You can double check your internet connection by running the Weather App. Put in a location (if it's empty) & see if you get a weather report.

You can also try the XMLTV EPG to see if that connects to the server.

When you put an N line in newcand.list you cannot check if it's online or not. You could try your N line in CCcam.cfg. It will then tell you if it's online or not.

...Ethernet has a green light and shows as working...

Which green light do you mean?

You can double check your internet connection by running the Weather App. Put in a location (if it's empty) & see if you get a weather report.

You can also try the XMLTV EPG to see if that connects to the server.

When you put an N line in newcand.list you cannot check if it's online or not. You could try your N line in CCcam.cfg. It will then tell you if it's online or not.

Sorry have just seen this reply and my box still isn't working :-(

The green light I mean the one at the back of the box when Ethernet is plugged in. I've tried some of the different apps like you said and none seem to work which makes me think it is an Internet problem? (XMLTV shows download failed)

I'm sorry I'm a bit new to this but can you explain about trying my N line in CCcam.cfg? I believe the N line I have been given is legit as the seller had good feedback and it worked for my friend from the same seller.

Many thanks again

I only have one physical connection in my house that shows on my router and it states Not Connected.

Could this be the Openbox? All my other devices/laptop etc show as connected wirelessly

Sounds silly but have you tried rebooting your router. This often works for me when other things won't connect!!

I've just been told that after updating my firmware and channel list on the Openbox V8S, that my $ are scrambled because my ALDO line has ben shut down and that I need to buy another gift (after paying for 2 years in December!). Just an occupational hazard. Anybody else know anything about this?

Hi

Very new to all this as I only got my Openbox v8s at the end of may.

My openbox has also stopped working with the scrambled sign on screen for certain channels.

YouTube etc work and basic freeview channels are okay so I assume the Internet is not the issue

Is there any fixes I can try to get the channels working again!?

Many thanks for any help

Hi

My openbox has also stopped working with the scrambled sign on screen for certain channels.

YouTube etc work and basic freeview channels are okay so I assume the Internet is not the issue

Many thanks for any help

did your box come with the gift? have you tried contacting the supplier? if its cccam is it active in the menu?

Hi

Many thanks for any help

Hi,

Yes bought from a local shop which has been shut today.

I have tried to update and get cccam.cfg not found!?

Where do I see that it's active in the menu.

Thanks for the reply

go into menu, network, camd setup (press 6666 if you cant see camd setup its like a hidden menu), then go into cccam, then manage then cccam.cfg, if its a cccam line you will see server details here and if its active and you should have a tick next to it.

Hi

It's showing two servers.... Both offline with a green tick to the right hand side.

I'm assuming offline is not a good sign. I will take it back down just seen if there was an easy fix to this to save the journey.

Thanks again for the quick reply

Sorry have just seen this reply and my box still isn't working :-(

The green light I mean the one at the back of the box when Ethernet is plugged in. I've tried some of the different apps like you said and none seem to work which makes me think it is an Internet problem? (XMLTV shows download failed)

I'm sorry I'm a bit new to this but can you explain about trying my N line in CCcam.cfg? I believe the N line I have been given is legit as the seller had good feedback and it worked for my friend from the same seller.

Many thanks again

I have attached a note on how to transfer your line from newcamd to cccam. However it does like it's an internet connection problem, rather than a line problem.

Does the IP address of the V8s tie up with the address that you see in your router that is showing as "not connected"?

Attachments

• To transfer line from MGcamd to CCcamd.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 369
wondering if anyone can help. my box was working fine this morning till around 10am. now its just saying scrambeld and ive done the weather check so is still getting internet connection. i only purchaced it in december with a 12 months sub

Back