OPenbox V8s stuck in load

p0ppy123

I changed the channel list and now it fails to boot , its just stuck in load ............I have tried the RS232 recovery method to upgrade the firmware , but it doesn't work. Has anyone else had any success ? The null modem cable has the correct pin out and I'm using the latest application for upgrading the firmware. I have come to the conclusion there is no recovery method for this box , so be warned if you make any changes to the flash.

I have recovered mine a few times with no problem. Openbox V8s has its own RS232 upgrade tool and works better than the F3/F5s version, download it from here (also has the latest firmware). Then plug in your rs232 but DONT PLUG IN YOUR BOX YET, make sure you have the correct COM port selected and that all the settings on the upgrade tool are the same as the COM port configuration on your computer (bit rate and parity). Now select your firmware in the upgrade tool, click to check the load bootloader option, press next, then when it says syncronizing, plug in your box, it should say 'done!' then it will start to flash, should take about 20 minutes.

Thanks for the reply , I have been using that app in link , I do everything you say , including putting it on the correct com port , it comes back "Done " , but nothing happens ? Does the load start straight away with indication of progress or do I just leave it ?

The 'done!' signal seems to indicate there is power to the box, even if the box is plugged in, and you unplug it, it will say done, and then a minute later say 'stb memory error' the only way it worked for me was to leave the box unplugged, and when it says reset box, just plug it in slowly and it should work, but the rs232 should be plugged in already, dont mess with that, just leave it in. Are you using usb to rs232? could be the drivers if you are. I can send you drivers if you are using the usb to rs232.

Or it could be the null modem cable is just a normal serial cable???

Thanks for the advice , I am using a USB serial cable , but it does work on other devices , ie consoling onto a Cisco etc ....The cable is fine, its a full null modem cable , but I even made my own just in case and apparently a 2-3. 3-2 and 8-8( Pin out ) should work .............I have an old PC with a built in com port , I might dig that out and have a go on that , its win XP ....other than that I have spent so much time on this , I feel like chucking out of the window ! I'll never change the channel list again , assuming I get it working !

Sorry , yep........... 5 is ground on a 9 way ....my cable was correct , just a typo/ mind blip when I replied ...........us older ones get them :)

Any advice guys on a openbox v8s saying load! Sent it back to the seller and they told me it was fixed?? Plugged it in and nothing. As much help would be appreciated??

Hi, I'm from Spain and I use a translator, I'm sorry if something is not understood. My problem is similar, I get the word DONE and everything is updated well, I even recovered a decoder, but I try it with another of the same brand, load and everything but when the screen ends it stays in LOAD ... the truth is that already despairs this.

Back