OpenHDF Image

lovepaul379

hi

i install this image latest one being 5.5 but i dont no how to set it up, any ideas on howto setup from scratch, seems pretty fast but needs setting up??

thanks

all these images are set up the same way. Openvix and openatv have a lot of the popular plugins pre-installed. If hd-freaks is anything like openpli, it probably means nothing is pre-installed and you have to load everything in yourself.
In the stickies at the top I have a guide for setting up openatv. It might help you with this build. After that you would have to go through the plugin menus and download everything you need for your build. Needle in a haystack if you have little experience of all the different builds.

Not everything will be available via the plugins menu, so you would have to search the net for the correct ipks.

That's all I can offer on hd-freaks as its a build I have never used. I see you have posted in Thomas88, he will probably be able to help you but he has not been around this forum since feb.

Yeh I tried the image but couldn't get nothing working and couldn't set up sky channels and line details so went back to sucmnsees image but I might try again another time if I can find some info on setting up

---------- Post Merged at 10:02 PM ----------

I tried atv but it was very laggy and slow going through everything it toke 10 secs just to change channels lol

Popular images for us in the UK are OpenVix and OpenATV, not much of the others get discussed much on here. I've tried openvix for a few months i'm now on Open ATV which i personally think is a good clean image that gives very few problems if any ;)

Dangerous... I was the same with openpli. despite knowing every nook and cranny of atv and vix I just couldn't get my head around pli. If hdfreaks is like that, I suggest if you want to use it, you find a premade backup on the net and tweak that.

---------- Post Merged at 10:11 PM ----------

and lovepaul if your make your own barebones openatv, turn off timeshift (as its a big memory hog), your openatv build will be rapid. Vix 3 always used to be slightly faster than openatv, but I don't know what they have done in the latest build, but vix4 is now slow as hell. Because of this, I currently see no advantage at all of using vix over atv on zgemmas at the moment. They can't even use the old argument vix is quicker.

Last edited:
Back