Openvix 5.1.026

makido

VIP Member
Is anyone running openvix 5.1.026 cos im having trouble installing samba so I can connect via my network. If I install it through the box it downloads it but when the box restarts its still not showing. I have managed to install it using putty but as soon as my box is restarted its gone again. Putty works and webif so is it me or vix. Would I be better doing an earlier install.
Or a better solution stop messing and rebooting my box maybe :)

I've updated my build today and it all seemed okay.
I'll do a bit of testing when I get home and make sure it's all working as it should be.
The box reboots after installing IPTV Player so I'm assuming it all went okay.

I have more or less set my box up but if it keeps doing it, it will drive me mad. Ive looked for updates but there arnt any. Not even sure if you can run updates on vix. I will flash an earlier one just to check

ViX updates are only available when a new revision number is released, not daily like ATV.
The update function is at MENU > SETUP > SYSTEM > SOFTWARE UPDATE

bit lost on the download as i never had to download,just install and box reboots and it works from there.

I couch flash and restore settings.
Samba and everything else is in an install script in the settings backup.

go back into samba as i can see mine green and running but on previous image.
if on previous buggy image i dont restore but setup afresh

Even when I installed it through putty it still never showed in samba as green and running. Just get asked to install and reboot.
Just tried 5.1.025 and thats the same. So its gotta be my box or network, the weird thing is it shows the solo2 on there thats running stv tho.

I have tried rebooting the router - will set it back to defaults and see what happens

Im back on the latest version now. Ive reset the router to defaults and its still the same.
I have installed samba by putty and the box is now showing again on my network. Ive looked on the box to check its running and thats what it says.1_0_19_5230_812_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20180429222646.jpg

It was a fresh install. I very rarely restore settings cos its usually my fault it messes up.
I always start fresh. Ive just tried to install openvpn and that installs fine.
Will start again and even flash from usb to see what that gives.
Everything works tho iptv player, my paid sub the lot, I dont get it

you can couch flash if using openvix from your armchair.
Yeah I figured that out earlier. You can also flash ATV from vix to and vice versa, just put the relevant ATV flash file in imagebackup file and it flashes. I am just bone sometimes....
Just downloaded the latest one again through the box this time instead of off the web and its worked. So I guess im starting again.
Thanks guys

Its gone again, I only sorted ABM and put the skin on and restarted gui so I havent got s clue why its not having it at all.
Back to ATV - until it gets the better of me, and I try again

Ive tried, never had this trouble with vix. I swap from image to image all the time, just learning a bit more (breaking it)

Somethings messing my network up, just dont know what. I cant download anything now.
Yet running the network wizard and running the network test shows all green ticks - mission accomplished I think ive broke it :)

Back