openvix update

tesbo

There was an download icon on infobar so i checked and there was an openvix update so i downloaded it from the openvix website and installed it via usb.
afterwards it seems to have reset it back to factory settings.

can i just not update the box.

Start with sonme info - What box do you have , for starters, give as much info on your problem as possible, it gives us a better chance to help you out.

all updates are done via download via image or usb update

do you have a original box which vix supports ?

but as wheelo says more info is needed

yes that happens with vix as sometimes the update can be a rebuild needing a full flash and leaves you with a box that has been just sent to you.
one reason to have backup line and cfg on pc,just follow bees tut for finishing setting up box

only time i update box is when needing to reflash box to latest image or unless image on box has issues.

when you use usb previous info is overwritten.

Last edited:
i dont really have a problem just annoying that when i did update i keft all my settings so as above i had to follow bees guide again and got it sorted after few minutes. i have the edision os mini box.

how often does openvix stable updates get released.

i used the backup manager to back up thing before doing the update but after update when i tried to restore got message saying not compatible with new firmware.

Back