Go to PLUGINS, DOWNLOAD PLUGINS, CAMS, Select Oscam_atv 1.2 11353.
Come out of that menu back to tv.
REBOOT box.
Press blue button, SOFTCAM, SOFTCAM PANEL.
On SELECT CAM 1 scroll right til you see the oscam.
Press START and login in oscam webpage with your box up for example 192.168.1.123:83 (adding :83) on the end.
Webpage loads? Select FILES, then OSCAM SERVER.
Delete all info in the area and paste your information.
Click SAVE at bottom middle.
Then RESTART at Top right, Restart and OK.
Job done.

Using other oscam Is pointless, has to be exact one I posted above.
If wasn't freezing before oscam, I'd speak to your supplier as they might not be supporting oscam.
Simply go back to cccam or mgcamd you were using before.
The builds will not affect your service, It's your supplier.
I can use either of the 3 without issue
I am on Mikey B's build for star h2 which is specifically for virmin.
Oscam is already in CAMS, no need to download additionally.
Also latest ABM 2.9 is on it.
Best wishes

tried various oscams
already have it installed and it still freezes... ???
Try using this in the same file that you put the line in and don’t change any of the other files yet

[reader]
label = TV1
protocol = newcamd
device = server,port
key = 0102030405060708091011121314
user = username
password = password
inactivitytimeout = 60
group = 1
emmcache = 1,3,31
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-u = 1
blockemm-s = 1
blockemm-g = 1

If it still freezes, post up a pic of the live log after it’s frozen a few times

Is there anyway of keeping the connection active even when not on a scrambled channel, like the keep alive function on mgcamd? Tried keepalive, inactivitytimeout, and umaxidle but having no luck. The connection repeatedly goes into idle

• 2017/11/23 21:24:03 154C6XXX c (ecm) dvbapi (XXXX@000000/0000/0B58/89:CF769DE33746EAXXXXXXXXXX): found (687 ms) by BTTF #This is an example of when the service is clearing
  • 2017/11/23 21:24:04 154C6XXX c (dvbapi) Demuxer 0 stop descrambling program number 0B58 (XXXX@000000:0B58 unknown) #And now when moving over to a FTA service
Thanks in advance! :)

*********UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS IN POST #45************

Just for anybody else interested here is how I got Oscam running on ATV

Download and install oscam atv emu, make it your active cam and restart it in menu, info panel, softcam panel

use filezilla or your FTP program of choice and go to USR folder, then KEYS folder, in there you will see oscam_atv....open this and look for oscam.server

I then dragged oscam.server to my desktop to be able to edit with notepad++ I then deleted all the details in there and pasted in one of my own readers, saved it and then sent it back to the box, overwriting when prompted.

I then restarted oscam on the box and bingo

I hope that helps folks

---------- Post Merged at 03:44 PM ----------

Here is an example reader if needed, if you want to add more lines then just change the label = TV1 to Tv2, TV3 etc..

If copying and pasting thie reader make sure you copy the top line too (reader)

[reader]
label = TV1
protocol = newcamd
device = your.server.com,port
key = 0102030405060708091011121314
user = username
password = password
inactivitytimeout = 60
group = 1
emmcache = 1,3,31
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-u = 1
blockemm-s = 1
blockemm-g = 1

Doesn't work for me, running grogs firmware, installed oscam plug in 1.02 or whatever it is, selected it via the soft-cam panel...Transferred file back to box via ftp...started oscam...screen just stays frozen, soon as i start mgcamd it instantly starts back up :(

Guess I'm a have to deal with SD for a while until a proper fix comes out !!

Doesn't work for me, running grogs firmware, installed oscam plug in 1.02 or whatever it is, selected it via the soft-cam panel...Transferred file back to box via ftp...started oscam...screen just stays frozen, soon as i start mgcamd it instantly starts back up :(

Guess I'm a have to deal with SD for a while until a proper fix comes out !!

I assume you're using a H2H box?

why can't you just upgrade to grogbuild with openatv 6.1? - you can use mgcamd lines with this build, no audio desc / frozen channels in HD, or SD, been using it myself for about a week

I assume you're using a H2H box?

why can't you just upgrade to grogbuild with openatv 6.1? - you can use mgcamd lines with this build, no audio desc / frozen channels in HD, or SD, been using it myself for about a week

I've just seen he has updated his build and i've installed the flash :) had to do it via USB has i was getting that stupid less than 300MB error even though i've got like 320GB lol

Any help with the following -

Not Enough Free space on /hdd
You need at least 300mb free space.

I have used HDDguru to format put to fat 32, changed default backup location, the drive is 32gb and no joy?

Is there anyway of keeping the connection active even when not on a scrambled channel, like the keep alive function on mgcamd? Tried keepalive, inactivitytimeout, and umaxidle but having no luck. The connection repeatedly goes into idle

• 2017/11/23 21:24:03 154C6XXX c (ecm) dvbapi (XXXX@000000/0000/0B58/89:CF769DE33746EAXXXXXXXXXX): found (687 ms) by BTTF #This is an example of when the service is clearing
  • 2017/11/23 21:24:04 154C6XXX c (dvbapi) Demuxer 0 stop descrambling program number 0B58 (XXXX@000000:0B58 unknown) #And now when moving over to a FTA service
Thanks in advance! :)
Put ccckeepalive=1 under each reader

I just had to say that it took me exactly 2 min 45 seconds to switch from newcamd to Oscam using these instructions on WB7. Cheers guys!!

I'm loving the status page and live log!

EDIT - One great thing I've noticed about Oscam is that when the ECM takes ~4 seconds it does another request a couple of seconds later and so doesn't freeze. With newcamd it seemed to wait the full 10 seconds before getting the keys and would always glitch.

Last edited:
Back