Oscam For Openvix Guide.

No, it won't be oscam setup if just one channel, try running autoboquet scan, issue you can get with some boxes like a venton is no picture but sound, using ymod sorts it but that not your issue, also is on sat or vm tuner the channel your watching? Try ABM scan and reboot and check again, if a big issue and your stuck you might be better starting a new thread?

Yes rescanned sly is all ok it's great. Virmin is glitchy as hell and sound keeps cutting it must be my provider.

It doesn't, just on VM good quality connections, splitters and cables can be important to VM signal
@ hannaman, have you entered the caid in the VM reader? If not enter a line caid = 1841 in the VM reader and caid = 0963 in your Sly ones, save and restart oscam and see if that helps? It don't matter what line you enter it in on the reader just creat a new blank line and enter the CAID values per relevant reader.

It doesn't, just on VM good quality connections, splitters and cables can be important to VM signal
@ hannaman, have you entered the caid in the VM reader? If not enter a line caid = 1841 in the VM reader and caid = 0963 in your Sly ones, save and restart oscam and see if that helps? It don't matter what line you enter it in on the reader just creat a new blank line and enter the CAID values per relevant reader.
Iv got the caid lines in. I went over all the connections last night as you suggested. I'm at work now so if the problems still there I'm sure the wife will let me know n il report back.

[reader]
label = TV1
protocol = newcamd
device = your.server.com,port

key = 0102030405060708091011121314
user = username

password = password
inactivitytimeout = 60
group = 1
emmcache = 1,3,31
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-u = 1
blockemm-s = 1
blockemm-g = 1

I hope this helps,

Cheers

whats the point of the following lines?

emmcache = 1,3,31
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-u = 1
blockemm-s = 1
blockemm-g = 1

Thought these were for local cards?

For virgin cable add the following

[reader]
label = Cable
protocol = newcamd
device = server,port
key = 0102030405060708091011121314
user = username
password = password
disableserverfilter = 1
fallback = 1
caid = 1841
ident = 1841:000000
audisabled = 1
inactivitytimeout = 60
group = 1
emmcache = 1,3,31
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-u = 1
blockemm-s = 1
blockemm-g = 1

the above worked for me and thanks OP

Got these setting in my oscam can I ask is there is there a setting I can change to make cable channels open quicker it's just when I watch a sly channel then turn over to virmin it takes about 5/6 seconds to open up?

Got these setting in my oscam can I ask is there is there a setting I can change to make cable channels open quicker it's just when I watch a sly channel then turn over to virmin it takes about 5/6 seconds to open up?
I'd say that's about right. Mine is the same.

Just updated my image seems to be running better. But twice this morning vm channel I was watching froze completely I just turned the channel over and it was ok. Could this be my vm provider or could it be something needs tweaked in oscam?

Just updated my image seems to be running better. But twice this morning vm channel I was watching froze completely I just turned the channel over and it was ok. Could this be my vm provider or could it be something needs tweaked in oscam?
Probably a server issue, check your log at the time of the freeze.

Back